Kaspersky Internet Security doesn't install (3186)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dada, Mar 5, 2007.

1. dada

dada Bit poster

I just downloaded and installed the 3186 update. I increased the size of my virtual disk using the image program.

The problem is, when I try to install the Kaspersky program, I get the message saying to wait while it is installed and then Windows XP restarts, but after the restart the program is not installed.

I'm running 10.4.8 on an early 2006 intel core duo iMac.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

I have the same problem with Vista.

3. ugutech

ugutech Bit poster

Same

I'm having the same problem with Vista on a clean install on a new VM.

4. melomac

melomac Bit poster

Build 3188

I think it is due to windows localization, same issue here. french os.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  5. catwink20

catwink20 Junior Member

Same issue..since I ran install Kaspersky (never showed up) I have not had printer connection since. tells me i have a VPN connection problem contact my service provider. I think a firewall is running somewhere but I have none install except windows. It has been this way since Monday so clean install is my next option.

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

If it is not showing up, have you tried installing again to see if you CAN get it to show up? Then, try to un-install. Also, what happens if you download the regular installer for it and try installing/uninstalling it?

7. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

Here is how I installed it in Vista:

Mount the kaspersky iso file on the mac. copy the 2 installation files to the vista desktop and run from there.

8. dada

dada Bit poster

Thank you manfredell and everyone who replied. I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work on my machine.

Eru Ithildur: I have downloaded the 1-month trial from Kaspersky, which is working (although it doesn't pick up the virus that is on my .hdd file (found with ClamXav on Mac OS X). I think the Kaspersky trial included with Parallels is supposed to be 6 months, although I notice they do not mention Kaspersky on their web site at all.

9. moclippa

moclippa Bit poster

I had the same problem.

Realized that I had Clamav for windows running and that was causing conflicts. As soon as I uninstalled it Kaspersky installed fine.

Hence, if you have any other antivirus/security programs that could be causing conflicts, delete them and see if that helps.

Hope that works for ya!

10. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Eh. ClamXav doesn't always tell the truth with .hdd files.

11. dada

dada Bit poster

Thanks moclippa. I had already disabled AVG free before trying to install. I think I'll just stick with AVG - I've had no problems with it and it is a lot less intrusive that programs such as Norton or McAffee, which I have used in the past. I was trying to install Kaspersky out of curiosity.

12. ZeeG

ZeeG Member

I can't install Kaspersky on Parallels 3.0.
    Whenever I do this, PD is just restarted.
    I tried this with both WinXP and Vista.

13. jylyn

jylyn Bit poster

I have two Win XP virtual machines.
    Yesterday I installed the Parallels update, then successfully managed to install Kaspersky on one of my XP machines. Today I tried to install it on the other and I get this problem too. There's not much difference between the 2 machines, except that the one I'm having trouble with does regular Automatic Updates and the other runs IE6 so I don't allow it to update.
    I'll try a few things...