Enabling DirectX and Vista's games

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Stevamundo, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Ever since I enabled DirectX from my Vista's VM, the games just won't open except for Chess Titans and Inkball.

The error messages were the same, something like A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Times like this I wish I knew how to enable debug mode in Parallels. It would be great to get meaningful error messages instead of Microsoft's honey-sweet non-threatening have a nice day error - excuse me, disappointment messages.

hey - while I'm thinking about it, how is your Morse code stuff working with PD3 and Fusion Beta 4? I haven't had any free time to explore the leads you put me in touch with yet but hope to get back to it soon.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  3. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Dennis, because Microsoft is so pissy with their activation keys, I had to dump one of the programs. Because Fusion is still a beta and Parallels is not I choose Parallels. So I don't know how Fusion 4 works with the Morse code.

I guess I could in install 4 and install XP and run it for 3 weeks until I need to put my activation key in.

4. PuppyPR

PuppyPR Bit poster

Neither Parallels 3.0 nor VMWare Fusion Beta 4 supports Direct X 9 drivers for Vista,

People, neither Parallels 3.0 nor VMWare Fusion Beta 4 supports Direct X 9 drivers for Vista, but both of them support for XP the Direct X 8 drivers. Although Parallels supports Coherence for Vista and Fusion doesn't have support for Unity (Coherence) on Vista.

5. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Are you the only one in the world that cares about vista? I sure don't.

6. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I have to admit that Vista is a pain in the butt.

Leopard HAS to be BETTER than that crap.

7. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

So, what does this mean for most of Vista's games are unable to open while DirectX is enabled?

8. dippyskoodlez

dippyskoodlez Bit poster

hell, right now theres really nothing even wrong with tiger. ;)

The only reason most people are going to want vista is because microsoft will inevitably giving XP the axe.

9. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

This recent post brings up an interesting issue regarding graphics support:
    http://forum.parallels.com/thread12563.html

The Fusion people have identified problems with Intel drivers in the MBP and Mac Mini systems that prevents proper graphics support. I wonder if Parallels has worked around it, or of some of the problems people are having is related to this driver issue.