Broken Games - Speak up here if you want to see a particular game working.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by krayola, Jun 10, 2007.

1. krayola

krayola Bit poster

Instead of having everyone posting game X doesn't work all over the place, I thought it'd be useful to have a thread for people to say that they'd like to see specific games work with P3.0 as the future patches come out. Pipe up with ones you know don't work that you'd like to see work. Please do repeat a game name so that the developers know which ones to focus on first.

Kudos to the P3 dev team for making such a cool hack work!

To start the list:

- Guild Wars starts up, but with visual artifacts and horrible performance with all possible settings.

2. bombastinator

bombastinator Member

Neverwinter nights 2?

NWN2 Would be awesome. It's the reason I made a boot camp partition in the first place. It may be too slow though, I haven't been able to check of course.

I tried fallout but it may be a problem with the game. Maybe I just need a '98 partition (shudders)

Perhaps a list of games that are known to work would be cool too. I'm pretty sure I can get heroes of might and magic IV going but I haven't been ab le to roll back bootcamp 1.3 to 1.2 successfully so my machine will only run in safe mode atm. ( can't get the workaround to work either)

3. casakid06

casakid06 Bit poster

Warcraft 3

I am able to run warcraft 3 but it is nearly unplayable. The graphics are very grain and the gameplay is extremely choppy.

4. mechcon

mechcon Junior Member

My gripe is how since I have a dual monitor setup, when playing 1st person shooters, the mouse keeps flying off the sides and I can't use it unless I click and then click again in the game window

5. dippyskoodlez

dippyskoodlez Bit poster

Just run the os x version ;)

As for games...

NFS:MW- Direct X 9 heavy. Will take some work.

I agree-- Mouse needs to be fixed.

MOHAA I can't LEAVE the window if I want to, but other games it will just leave the window.

Its probably something with coherence and the mousing changes in it to make it not stick in a single machine.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  6. BostonBoozer

BostonBoozer Bit poster

I'd love to see Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 working.

7. mechcon

mechcon Junior Member

Well yeah, it's heaps annoying, I may have to try having it set to OS Window maybe. or (god forbid) uninstall parallels tools? :p

actually, realised if I ran the parallels session in full screen instead of coherence or OS window, it doesn't have that problem!!! I'm stoked!!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  8. gtjuggler

gtjuggler Member

Id like:

-Unreal 2004's 'UnrealED'.

Thats about it.

9. RujusMacBook

RujusMacBook Member

Need for Speed Underground 2
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

Those are the only two I want! They install but when loading they crash.

10. oneway23

oneway23 Junior Member

All I'm hoping for is support for Command and Conquer 3

11. mumbo

mumbo Bit poster

Second the vote for Neverwinter Nights 2
    And raise it by 1 with Titan Quest

12. jcwelch

jcwelch Bit poster

Another vote for NWN, although since it require DX 9, that may be a while

13. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Civ4, mainly for Beyond the Sword when it arrives, and to work with Windows-only mods. But I'm not holding my breath.

14. slinberg

slinberg Bit poster

Diabo 2

Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction pass the video test, but won't launch - just peg the CPU at 100% and hang.

Please fix!

15. mumbo

mumbo Bit poster

Not meaning to be rude in any way, but I see lots of people wanting to play Diablo and Warcraft in parallels, why? You can run it natively in mac and it will be a lot better, and even if you have an old cd without the mac diablo installer, you can download it from blizzard for free.

Hope that's not rude, would just like to know why... is it a multiplayer or mod issue??
    ps: hope Diablo 3 is announced soon, but that's way off topic :D

16. dippyskoodlez

dippyskoodlez Bit poster

Seriously. Both these games have native os x versions that work great. Don't waste a dev's time. Hell, they're even on one cd for that matter. You don't even have to do anything special.

But I would have to second that UnrealEd request! :)

17. Mac Write

Mac Write Member

Here's my list:
    • Splinter Cell
    • Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow
    • Splinter Cell: Choas Theory
    • Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    • Rainbow Six: Lockdown
    • Rainbow Six: Vegas
    • RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platnium
    • Live Virtual earth (www.live.com)

18. qad

qad Junior Member

I hope most of you realize that Parallels 3.0 supports games up to those using DX 8.1 or OpenGL, and that quite a few games listed here requires DX 9 or 10 minimum.

19. AlanH

AlanH Pro

I think that's the point of this thread. Since Parallels have indicated that they plan to support Vista Aero in a future release, the implication is that they *will* include significantly improved DirectX capability at that point.

20. STim

STim Bit poster

The first constructive thread I've seen on 3D. I have it bookmarked already. Thanks for your postings.

Those having problems with Warcraft 3 - please specifically post if you've tried to run it in OpenGl mode or not.

To run W3 in GL mode, right click your Warcraft 3 shortcut, select Properties and append "-opnegl" to Target field, so it looks like

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\w3l.exe" -opengl