Parallels Desktop for Mac Official Update Official Update(build 3212)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by prowler, Jun 10, 2007.

1. prowler

prowler Bit poster

Has anyone tried to "Check for Updates" on their current 3188 Parallels for Mac build. Instead of getting v3.0 I am getting the option to download "Parallels Desktop for Mac Official Update Official Update(build 3212) version 2.5.3212".

Am I missing something - i did the Check for Updates last night and Parallels said I was running an up-to-date version of Parallels.

I am also maintenance (upgrade protection) customer - so I am still waiting for my 3.0 activation key (or will my existing activation key work) from reading all the previous posts you need a new 3.0 key for Parallels For Mac v3.

Any feedback will be welcome!

2. magicRob

magicRob Bit poster

I'd like to know where I can download the latest build of 2.5. I've migrated to a new PC and cannot find a link anywhere on this site which points me to anything bar version 3.0. I've paid for 2.5 (back in June last year), and 3.0 gives me no real features that I need so no need to update.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

the "check for updates" option not work for you as the poster above mentioned ?

4. magicRob

magicRob Bit poster

Nope. Brand new machine, with a fresh install of OSX. Need a disk image to install Parallels anyway.

5. prowler

prowler Bit poster

I would try something like versiontracker or a torrent site - the 3188 build might still be there.

Hope someone out there is getting the same results as I am on the current 3188 build check for updates - keen to know what is going on!

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

sorry i just got up.. rereading your post i see you meant the whole app from scratch as apposed to the 3212 update.

7. magicRob

magicRob Bit poster

I would have thought a company selling software would offer downloads of products that they have sold... The Parallels homepage is almost useless sometimes. Hell I can't even find where it mentions these forums on there.

VT and MU link back to parallels.com... and there's no <insert expletive> way I'm going off to a torrent site to get software I've purchased.

8. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

9. magicRob

magicRob Bit poster

thanks

where was that link???

10. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i just did a search of my own posts using the search function, i knew at one point i'd made a post with loads of links to lots of versions...

11. magicRob

magicRob Bit poster

Thanks. Much appreciated. Have got the latest build now. Have to wonder why it's nowhere to be found on the main site...

12. fso

fso Member

13. willtwilson

willtwilson Bit poster

I'm having difficulty installing Version 3212. By accident I downloaded the newer Vers3.0 from Parallels site and mounted the disk image before sending it off to the trash.

Now when I mount the 2.5.3212 image it tries to warn me that I am about to upgrade to V3.0 and it will incur an upgrade charge. Any ideas? Will do a full reboot in a bit to see if that makes for an easy fix.

14. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

The search tool here can be your friend. http://forum.parallels.com/thread12706.html