Make this wrong a right, refund everybody!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mabeaton, Jun 9, 2007.

1. radesix

radesix Member

Keep in mind that alot of people on the forums "pre-paid" for the upgrade before a trial or release notes existed.

2. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

This really strikes a chord with me. Parallels for me has been nothing short of flawless with the exception of really good USB support. But being a developer I know what a nightmare USB support can be, or plug and play for that matter at all. So I give them some slack on that.

I do believe Darkone is right... The majority of the complainers are those that bought a mac and want it to perform EXACTLY like a PC and play games. Frankly I have never considered Parallels to be this tool. I'm sorry the claimed game support. I wouldn't have expected it to anyway.

3.0 so far is working well. I've noticed a slight slow down and posted about it and this might because of the stupid 3D support... I wish it wasn't there frankly it would make those of us using Excel, Word, outlook and a few other programs just as happy.

M

3. STim

STim Bit poster

Not everyone upgrading to 3.0 did that because of 3D. And, there are quite a few happy upgraders (yes, lots of negative here, but this is support forum anyway, they don't usually visit it unless there's an issue)

Once again, we're ready to satisfy each moneyback. Just open a support request via http://www.parallels.com/support/request/ and clearly state that you want a refund.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  4. radesix

radesix Member

First of all, it is extremely shortsighted to suggest that nobody upgraded for 3D functionality. I am certain that you are dead wrong.

Personally, I don't want a refund. What I want is honesty and truth in advertising.

5. STim

STim Bit poster

I wasn't saying "nobody", I rather said "not everybody". What's done is done. I'm not a marketing guy and I don't have a time machine to move back and change things.

PS: We all read your previous famous post here at Parallels.

6. AlanH

AlanH Pro

I think (hope), maybe, the English is wrong here, and you intended to write "Not everyone upgrading ..."

7. STim

STim Bit poster

Thanks, corrected. Looks like it's time for me to go get some sleep...

8. PrinceZordar

PrinceZordar Member

Boot Camp came first. I got my MBP in September, and tried a demo of QBP for Mac. Hated it. Installed Boot Camp so I could continue to run my Windows version of QBP. I didn't try Parallels until this past May, and used my existing Boot Camp version because it was already set up the way I wanted it (and in case Parallels didn't work as advertised I could still boot to Windows.)

If I can fix my broken Windows installation, I'll keep using it, but if I have to start over again then I'll lose the Boot Camp partition and go with a virtual installation using 2.5.

-Z

9. PrinceZordar

PrinceZordar Member

I've never seen emulation match the original (although MAME came very close.)

-Z

10. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

That is called "accepting the risk". The remedy for subsequent disappointment is a refund which Parallels is happy to issue. The risk, then, is nearly non-existent and you get to keep your keys and can continue to use the upgrade the product you were refunded for (depending on how dishonest you are). You just don't have access to support.

11. cbandes

cbandes Junior Member

I was very dissatisfied, but I must give credit where it's due - Parallels issued my refund quite promptly and without difficulty.

If/when they can get 3D support right, I'll be happy to pay the upgrade fee again. Until then, 2.5 is just fine for me.

12. ariell

ariell Member

I used the 3.0 trial for a bit but switched to 2.5 for two reasons: I didn't know I would have to pay, and because the 3D didn't work anyway. But all these people who payed for the program and didn't get the key should be refunded (or given a key). BTW: IMO, when they say that updates are free, they really shouldn't charge 70% for upgrades. I don't think many people will stand for it. I think that they should refund the people who upgraded, and make a new build that accepts keys from v. 2.

But I do want to say this: Parallels is a wonderful program. And there are excellent new improvements with version 3.0.

13. sparker

sparker Member

By the way, this is exactly why they offer the trial. So you can try it before you buy it. Then, if you're unhappy, you don't pay for the product.

However, I (among many others) am happy with the new version. Granted, there are some issues, but they'll be worked through in time.

Steve