I have parallel v2.5 installed is it possible to also have bootcamp installed as well

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Juls, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Juls

Juls Bit poster

Hey,

Since v3.0 does not work well with some of the video games, is it possible to install bootcamp after you installed parallel. I have Parallels desktop for mac v2.5 installed and I would love to play my video games on my new mac. Since bootcamp seems to be the best solution for playing video games at the moment. I was wondering if I can have parallels and bootcamp installed? and if so, how do I go about installing bootcamp. I already have parallels installed on my macbook pro. I've did some research that I may need another activation/product key for my windows program if I do install bootcamp. I also wanted to know, is there another way around it, so I may use the same product key or I may have to call MS to request for another one. Thanks.

2. max-4004

max-4004 Bit poster

With 2.5 can use your Bootcamp xp installation without need to get an other Windows key.
    And of cause you can install both at the same time. Bootcamp just starts Windows natively without Mac OS. Parallels runs under Mac OS.