Disk hardware configuration...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Akumu, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Akumu

Akumu Bit poster

I get this error using my Bootcamp installation through Parallels 4128. It still starts just fine in Bootcamp itself and runs just fine.
    It loaded just fine once and installed all the Parallels tools and everything without freezing or crashing. When it restarted it worked once and I tried to play FFXI and see what would happen with the DX support. I shut it down to go play through Bootcamp and it ran fine for hours but I go to try and boot with Parallels again and I get this message repeatedly. Like I said Bootcamp still works great I just hate using it and losing access to OSX.

2. allenranger2

allenranger2 Bit poster

I play FFXI and I belive it requires DX 9. Currently, it appears that Parallels has support only for DX 8. I'm sure they'll be rolling out constant updates now. Despite the many complaints, I've been using their s/w since the beginning, and they've made my life a whole lot easier.

But yes, I can't wait to get FFXI onto Parallels as well :).

3. Akumu

Akumu Bit poster

Dx9

No FFXI does not require DX9 yet (they still give the 8.1 install with the newest collection) Actually I try and install it with VMware and it fails some part that POL checks before it will install viewer. I will be trying a fresh install tomorrow until then off to BootCrap to play more FFXI (addicted much)