Coherence Mode in PD7 with OS X 10.8 does not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NeeravU, Jul 27, 2012.

1. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Did not work for me.

2. Steve St.Laurent

Steve St.Laurent Bit poster

A fix would be greatly appreciated for this. I loved using coherence mode and it has been unusable ever since the the 10.8 update for OS X

3. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Din not work for me. Made me re-register software,....uuhhggg.

4. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Have they forgotten us ???

Well,...it's been quite a while since we all have brought this to their attention. Since then,...we have seen "work-a-rounds" that don't work and Post that have been deleted. I thought that Parallels was the leader in VM's?

Come on Parallels,...get moving on a fix.

A problem report with the ID number 19380613 has been sent to Parallels to help us improve the product. Thank you for your feedback.

If you'd like to contact our support team to request help with your problem, please copy the problem report ID number, 19380613, and submit a support ticket to Parallels Support.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  5. nofreak

nofreak Bit poster

Hey we are in November now! It has been almost three months now... Please fix this!

BTW: I still feel pretty much ripped off for making me pay for PD7 since PD6 won't run on Lion... So don't even think of suggesting to buy PD8!

6. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Extremely Disapointed

I am Extremely Disappointed for an IT software company like Parallels not to fix this problem. The only fix supposedly is to upgrade to 8. Wow,....this just plain stinks.

It's almost December now,......

7. Oroveso

Oroveso Bit poster

Does anybody know if this is fixed in version 8? The symptom I'm experiencing is that when I open WordPerfect 10 in Coherence mode (Win XP), the splash screen appears, then nothing. I then have to click the dock icon again to get a usable screen. I've tried all the "workarounds" on this forum, and nothing works.

8. YanaYana

YanaYana

It should work in PD8 - not sure when the fix will be included in version 7

9. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Nope,...still not working in DfM8. I purchased the FULL version and still the same graphics issues. Coherence does not work well.

10. YanaYana

YanaYana

Can you please send the problem report from Help menu --> Report a problem and post the report ID here

11. KanneB

KanneB Bit poster

With the new Update 8.0.18345 the Problem with Coherence in MountainLion even gets harder.
    The workaround with the minimizing of the Windows wont work anymore
    because the windows without the fokus are blocked for Input.
    Before the update you cant get the windows in front, but they get the focus.
    Now the problem changed:
    The Problem will only be there if you put the focus on a window on the second screen.
    Then all Windows on the first screen are blocked for selection.
    So you cant press the minimize button on these windows anymore.
    if you minimize the window with the actual focus on the second screen, the other windows on the first screen are available again and get the Inputs.
    If you have the focus on a window on the first screen, then you can change the focus between all windows on the first screen without a Problem and the Windows will popup to the front.

The general Problem is in both Version, PD7 and PD8 and arrived with the upgrade to mountainlion.
    iMac27" and 2 Monitor-Configuration, Windows 7 64-bit.

Hey, we are in December now and nothing is fixed for months.
    ID #20249994

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  12. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

THIS IS RIDICULOUS PARALLELS !!!

I have had to seek out other CRM's (Mac based) to get off using a VM.

I was told by one of YOUR employees that if I upgraded to DFM8 from 7,...it fixed the problem. This was a LIE. FIX THE PROBLEM.

Telling me to report the problem and get a support ticket di NOTHING !!! FIX THE PROBLEM.

13. YanaYana

YanaYana

Hi,

your report has been sent from Window view mode (i'm afraid it is useless) - try to switch to coherence and send the report after that please.

14. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Yana,

Respectfully,....Parallels has had numerous complaints about this issue since July. I have given up on Parallels and switched to the competitor. Thanks anyway.

15. YanaYana

YanaYana

very sad to hear that, i still hope we can help you and will escalate this issue to dev team if you send another report for me, thanks

16. jminiman

jminiman Bit poster

I am unable to use Coherence View on any of my VMWare Fusion 5 converted VMs. I'm running Lion on a MBA. Report ID 20298964. I tried disabling Crystal Mode and that had no effect. I cannot see any of the guest applications in App Expose (but they're indeed running when I exit Coherence View).

Help!

17. nofreak

nofreak Bit poster

Ridiculous!

Come on - it cannot be that hard to fix this issue. Maybe you should focus less on releasing new versions with fancy functions but make the current ones work or maintain them...

I definitely give vmware a try now.

18. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

They don't care. I feel they are soooo busy trying to fix the Windows 8 issues,...they have forgotten the other issues that have existed for the past 5 months. I have switched to VM Fusion and love it. Good Luck.

19. Russell Sharpe

Russell Sharpe Junior Member

This very basic problem has been an issue for a long time and its amazing that a company providing integration of windows on a mac can fail to get this basic function working.

Parallels - PLEASE provide a fix cos you're losing customers and will lose more the longer it continues. I too have no downlaod VB and VMware and am testing (and I've brought every version of parallels since 2005!)

20. nofreak

nofreak Bit poster

LOL - those are some engineers... Seriously why don't you simply say: "Hey we don't care about PD7 customers. Buy PD8!" I had my PD7 for a couple of months before it became obsolete. The only switch I am going to do is to VMWare.