Slow AFTER running Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Drewinvt, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Drewinvt

Drewinvt Bit poster

This is different from the other threads about slowness and Parallels. Everything on my new MacBook Pro is super quick:

- 2.5 GHz i7 quad core
    - 8 GB RAM
    - OS X 10.7.3

I use Parallels 7 to run Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, and everything works really well,until I shut Windows down, exit Full Screen mode, and return to the Mac side. Things become very laggy. It's almost as if the Mac is "remembering" the settings I use for Parallels (I have the virtual machine configured to use 4GB of RAM and one CPU). But things are much too slow even for this. There is noticeable lag in everything I do after leaving Parallels, in every program. The only way to "reset" this has been to restart the computer. This is really annoying. Nothing in any of the activity monitors gives me any indication about why this is happening. Thoughts?

2. GuestU

GuestU Bit poster

I am having the same issue. If anyone figures out how to fix this, please let me know.
    After I shut down Windows, my mac was running slow. I though maybe I need to get out of parallels as well. So, I quit parallels, and it still ran slow. I'm used to my mac running fast, so wondering what's up.

3. virtualsamana

virtualsamana Bit poster

Resurrecting old thread

Because I am experiencing the same issue.