Is it at all possible to develop new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 apps ?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MrBobby, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MrBobby

MrBobby Junior Member

When running Windows 8 in parallels is it at all possible to somehow develop the new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 applications in Visual Studio ? I have herd the absence of Hyper-V support on parallels makes this impossible since the emulators for said platforms require it?

I am thinking one can still develop and test Windows 8 apps since you can likely execute and test them on the actual OS and not in emulator but what about Windows Phone 8 apps ?

This is a huge drawback for virtualisation software such as parallels as most developers will be/are using Macs because they allow them to use the one machine to develop for all platforms. I think it's a large market and it would be sad if running Windows in bootcamp will continue to be the only option for someone wanting to develop for Windows 8 and above. Any word on whether some kind of support for emulators requiring Hyper-V will ever come ?

Thanks..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. hgerry

hgerry Junior Member

RE: Running WP8 simulator on PD8/Win8

See this KB article. http://kb.parallels.com/en/115211

Works for me. But I do now see issues with graphics not being displayed correctly. And then after turning off HyperV my network no longer works.