Coherence Not Working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cWanja, Jun 10, 2007.

1. cWanja

cWanja Junior Member

When I try and switch to coherence mode with my VM as Windows XP Pro., it will not switch. Why is this?? I have the latest build (that I installed today earlier)

Any help??

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Check the version of your Parallels Tools. It may have failed to upgrade to the current version after your installation.

3. cWanja

cWanja Junior Member

Nope, I checked for current versions and there were none. All my VM does it stay on the screen. I click the button to change modes and nothing happens. It is really pissing me off.

4. sparker

sparker Member

That's better than mine. Every time I bring up an XP machine and click the coherence toolbar button, the entire machine crashes and a "report this issue" comes ups.

Not that I like (or use) coherence, but it would be nice if the tool actually worked...

Steve :( :( :(

5. PrinceZordar

PrinceZordar Member

Coherence still crashes if I am running ZoneAlarm.

6. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

When I try to go to Coherence after this upgrade I lose my mouse totally. I can only see it on the dock and no where else on the screen. I have to force quit Parallels as there is no mouse at all visible to click any other buttons except on the dock. Quitting on the dock normally brings up an "are you sure" box, which of course I cannot use because there is no visible mouse.

And YES, I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, Parallels on MAC and Tools in windows. Both in normal and safe modes. I have redownloaded the latest Parallels three times.

No effect. No change. There IS a REAL ISSUE with the Mouse or Cursor behavior in the CODE and it needs FIXED or the App is nearly USELESS !!

7. jwalthour

jwalthour Member

You should be able to option-Cmd 2 or 3 times and have the mouse return to OS X control. Then you can restart Parallels normally. Also, Parallels is usable if you use it in OS Window mode. It seems connected to the video. If I change the screen resolution in OS Window mode or go to Coherence or Full Screen mode, I lose mouse synchronization and my mouse gets locked in the guest OS (Windows XP) until I hit the option-Cmd keys a few times.

- Jon

8. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Thanks for the tip on the Option Command.... I sad work around to get me back to OS view.

But you are right it is an OBVIOUS BUG with the Video and perhaps not really a Mouse issue.