Windows 95 / Windows 98 Support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by EpsilonPrime, Jun 12, 2007.

1. EpsilonPrime

EpsilonPrime Member

Looks like Windows 98 support is slightly improved in Parallels 3.0 but mouse synchronization still does not work (I did uninstall the Parallels Tools and reinstalled them).

Windows 95 support is still completely broken (Parallels Tools won't even run due to a missing symbol).

Should I refile the bugs I listed against 2.5?

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Please list all the bugs in this topic and I will check all of them in our internal bugtracking system.

3. EpsilonPrime

EpsilonPrime Member

List of Windows 95 Issues

* Parallels Tools fails to start (error message is "The PARALLELSTOOLSCENTER.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA.")
    * There is no mouse synchronization.
    * The VM freezes when restarting or stopping Windows.
    * Sound crackles during playback (this seems new).

4. EpsilonPrime

EpsilonPrime Member

List of Windows 98 Issues

* Parallels Tools lists the Video Driver status as "unknown" even though Windows reports the Parallels Video Adapter as being used.
    * There is no mouse synchronization (probably related to the first item).
    * The VM freezes when stopping or restarting Windows.

5. ParaJim

ParaJim Bit poster

Having read a post from a Parallels rep saying that the freeze at shutdown and the subsequent running of ScanDisk on reboot would be fixed prior to the release of 3.0, I was looking forward to having Windows 98 SE shutdown properly with 3.0. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

It is very frustrating to be told that something will be fixed prior to a release and then find out that it was not.

6. White fox

White fox Member

I was hoping that this new hotfix would fix the problem, but I was wrong... :(