Mouse erratic in FPS style games Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pl1ght, Jan 2, 2013.

1. pl1ght

pl1ght Bit poster

Been running tons of games beautifully in Parallels 8 and Windows 8 pro.

The main problem i have is when i play an FPS, such as quake live, and i tried DDO which is a 3rd person with FPS style x/y axis. When i make any vertical movement the rotation just goes nuts. What i am talking about is the mouse view, when you are looking around with the mouse. I am unable to do this in any FPS game I have tried w/o it going crazy and almost immediately looking directly up. These same games work fine with the game pad. I have tried using a few different mouse types just in case it was hardware specific. Is there some small setting I have missed somewhere that can fix this? I am sure someone has run into this before and knows whats going on. Thanks!

2. Lightz

Lightz Bit poster

Are you using a laptop? I think I remember reading somewhere that disabling the track pad fixes this problem. I am not 100% certain but its an easy thing to try. Go to System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Mouse & Trackpad -> Check "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present". Hope it helps.

3. pl1ght

pl1ght Bit poster

i am not, but I am using a magic trackpad as well, which is basically the same thing. I will try this out and bring back my findings. Thanks.

4. pl1ght

pl1ght Bit poster

Appears this fixed my issue, i just disabled the magic trackpad. Thanks for the insight