4128: Mouse Synchronization Broken

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jwalthour, Jun 11, 2007.

1. jwalthour

jwalthour Member

Just upgraded to 4128. Afterwards, when the VM launches into Coherence mode, mouse synconrization is lost. If I'm running in OS Window, this is not a problem--only when I switch to Coherence. Now, after being in Coherence, if I switch back to OS Window, it's still broken until the VM is restarted.

2. tiggernibble

tiggernibble Bit poster

I'm using 4124 (can't see a newer version on the website!) and am having the same problem. When I startup Windows in the VM it goes straight into Coherence mode as that's the way I've set it up. I can see the cursor when it's in the Windows windows but if I move the cursor anywhere else, it disappears.

The only way I've found of solving this issue is to uncheck and then recheck Enable Mouse Synchronisation in Parallels Tools. I've added it to my startup items so that it comes up automatically on login. Not the best method I expect but it does work for me!

Anyone else have this issue or another way of solving it?

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Check the Parallels Tools version to be sure the most recent version is installed.

4. jerome_istin

jerome_istin Bit poster

Hello there!

I have the same problem here. I was thinking that it was something related to my computer only but it seems a larger problem.

I re-installed several times the Parallels Tools without success. Still have the problem. To be honest, implementing 3D Harware is good, if not removing very useful features ;o)

For the moment, I use the same solution than tiggernibble but, it's a pain...

Any idea to fix the problem?

5. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Many of us have complained about this problem. The Parallels team does not seem to be addressing this issue. I am sure that all of us have installed the tools correctly and that this is not our first time doing so. So they are aware of the problem and they are IGNORING US !

6. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Just what the world needs.

Seriously, I have no idea who you were until all of your bitchy posts today, but wow you really need to lighten up a tad. Your post earlier with more *** than letters in it is priceless. I'm not sure where you are going to law school, but they must be highly impressed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  7. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Hey whatever floats yer boat jackie !

8. wesley

wesley Pro

You know they're aware of the problem, and they might just as well be trying to fix it right now. They haven't got anything to show at the moment, so they aren't responding to every single similar incident that pops up in the forums. That these kind of issues aren't managed in one nice thread doesn't help either (people, search first!). Going all ballistic isn't going to help.

9. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I have searched. And I found and bump ALL these threads to which they havent responded. Its the TOTAL LACK OF CARE that is pissing us off. If they just say "this is going on and we think it's such and such..." FINE. But "Try install tool" doesn't cut it.

10. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

BTTT until TPTB DO SAY SOMETHING !

Like the Cranberries say in their song, "The silence causes violence".

We are MAD because you IGNORE US !!