Taskbar and Windows blacked out

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ibsscott, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ibsscott

ibsscott Bit poster

In Coherence mode, my windows xp taskbar and some windows seem to get blacked out as though the graphics are not redrawn properly. Moving the cursor over some of it makes parts of it reappear. Clicking on the icon to show the desktop definitely fixes the problem but does not prevent it from reoccurring. Has anyone else seen this? This did not happen prior to my upgrade to 3.0.

2. rmf

rmf Member

Try reinstalling parallels, reinstalling parallels tools, and rebooting your mac os x machine.

3. ibsscott

ibsscott Bit poster

It looks like turning off Enable DirectX Support may have solved this problem. Any reason why? Should it behave this way?

4. ibsscott

ibsscott Bit poster

By the way, this advice seems quite common recently and cannot possibly be the cure to every problem. I'm sure most people have tried all this prior to posting anyways. It would be one thing if you said, "Oh yeah, I had that problem and this is how I fixed it". Otherwise, it's a cop-out answer that misleads other people into thinking you have provided a realistic solution and probably prevents someone else from actually helping out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007