Parallels 3.0 buils 4124 win XP crashing with BSOD blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by aaronlyon, Jun 8, 2007.

1. aaronlyon

aaronlyon Junior Member

I installed 4124 yesterday and got it working properly using a 15-day trial key. Then this morning I got my real key from element5 and activated Parallels. But now every time I try to launch my XP virtual machine, it starts to load, then flashes the blue screen of death (BSOD) too quickly to see, then returns to the Stopped dialog. I can't get it to boot any more!

Any way to capture that BSOD?

Any way to reset my VM?

2. noed

noed Bit poster

Hi,

did you get any help or could you solve the problem? I do have the same problem and could capture the BSOD (only in German though).

Thx for your information.
    Greetz
    Noed

Attached Files:

3. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello aaronlyon
    You should use the Windows XP Setup program to repair the installation. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your VM(Change boot sequence to CD-ROM,Hard Disk,Floppy). On the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to set up Windows XP.
    2. Press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
    3. Use the ARROW keys to select the Windows XP installation that you want to repair, and then press R.

Windows XP Setup repairs the installation files, Windows XP automatically restarts, and then the Setup program finishes the repair of your Windows XP installation.
    4. Follow the remaining steps to set up Windows.