Refund

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by danws, Jun 13, 2007.

1. danws

danws Junior Member

I have asked for a refund of Parallels 3 but have got no response yet. When can I get my refund?

2. danws

danws Junior Member

Is there any parallels people willing to respond?

3. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello danws
    Please excuse us for delay.
    You will receive an email from support-group in nearest time.

4. mechcon

mechcon Junior Member

Me too actually, is there a waiting period roughly on how long till email support repsonses are looked at?

I know it aint easy being in a helpdesk (never did sales, but support.. and still do.. yeah, not easy) :)

I'd love to get some closure regarding my request as well (having purchased a license for 3.0 a week or two ago, well as soon as it was announced, and then realised I didn't have to, since I got an email only yesterday with my free upgrade).

So I'm not as much after a refund, just want a reply (It's been around 23 hours since I sent the email, my apologies if I'm being pushy).

5. danws

danws Junior Member

I still havent gotten my refund back. I followed the instructions in the email but still no refund

6. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

What do you expect, someone to arrive at your door with cash?

This isn't a roadrunner cartoon.

Give the bank computers a day or two to talk.

7. danws

danws Junior Member

Actually, I have waited a day with no response, no saying "We will refund you as soon as we can" or any other simple email saying that they are working on it.

8. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Our support currently is heavily loaded with key exchange and key validation requests from our customers. So some delays are expected with processing submitted requests. Please be patient and excuse us for any inconvenience caused.

9. StupidlyPersistent

StupidlyPersistent Bit poster

[I am not affiliated with SWSoft in any way]

I've got to give SWSoft full credit here.

They're getting a lot of abuse on this board about poor customer support, which I think may not be fully warranted. They're a small company dealing with a runaway success as best as they can -- and it wouldn't hurt us to be a bit more understanding. All big companies had to start somewhere.

I'm a registered Parallels Build 3122 (2.5) user and have been very happy with it, overall. I bought two licences for 3.0 before its launch. When it was released only days later, I was disappointed with Parallels 3.0 for several of the reasons discussed exhaustively elsewhere on this forum.

I called SWSoft, explained my disappointment with the technical issues to a cheerful and attentive person who transferred me to their Customer Service department. Another cheerful person there listened to my concerns, and assured me that a credit would be processed immediately. She even gave me her direct number in case of any problems (which I won't share here; no emails please). My refund showed up a few days later.

It takes a certain degree of class to issue refunds with such grace and cheer. I'm still running Parallels 2.5 happily now, evaluating Fusion B4, and will certainly consider the next major version of Parallels, too.

They haven't lost my business permanently, partially because of what I consider to be the right attitude towards customer service.

Regards,
    StevenC

10. danws

danws Junior Member

StupidlyPersistent, being a small company is not a excuse for making someone waiting more than 2 days for a simple refund.

11. danws

danws Junior Member

I still havent recieved my refund and have had no response to my requests. Where is my refund?

12. gideony

gideony Bit poster

Yeah, me either... I mailed them about 4 days ago at this point. If it was 20 bucks I'd not concern myself, but being a college student that 80 is a big pile of cash.

13. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I really don't get it... I mean unless they have tens of thousands of people asking for refunds, it should take a few seconds. If I called ANY other vendor whom I had made a payment and asked for a Credit to my Visa or whatever, they could do it right then and there with a couple of mouse clicks.

I work at a bank, and our payments processing does account adjustments in less than 5 minutes including all verification. Check fees, over drafts, loan payments, anything. It's all automated. Yet, everyday we see just a couple of people post here and say DAYS have gone by?? Everyday, some new people with this same problem ??

I'm just wondering HOW SMALL this company really is? Five guys in working from home on a web site or what gives? Ever since I began to actually pay attention to the negative side of things here, I have been utterly dismayed at the situation.

Even if they are WEEKS behind... as soon as one person complains publicly, you put them RIGHT TO THE FRONT because of the PR damage that results if you leave them to post day after day unresolved. That's just simple Self Preservation folks. You guys are getting KILLED letting these little things fester like this. KILLED ? More like a Suicide pact.

It hurts me to watch it. Please !! If you can't get it together enough to be PRO-active, at the very least be EXCEPTIONAL on the RE-Active end of things.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  14. Sagaces

Sagaces Junior Member

I find myself quite taken aback at the seeming lack of support. In my case I purchased the upgrade to Parallels 3, choosing the CD version, on the day it was offered. About a week later a trial download was made available. I figured I could use the trial until my CD was delivered, and so I downloaded and applied for an activation key. The problem is that the activation key doesn't work, even when copied and pasted from the email received from Parallels. I communicated this to Parallels and was sent a second activation key which also didn't work. Subsequent communications to Parallels have not been responded to. I find myself at this time to be underwhelmed at the quality of support from Parallels, especially given that it has been well over a week since I first contacted them with the activation problem.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  15. danws

danws Junior Member

Yep. I still havent got any response from parallels yet. I might do a chargeback if I have to wait any longer. It would be much easier if parallels would just take the 2 minutes to refund me (i know it dosent take long... ive done refunds in my business before).

16. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

dawns,

Please PM me your order information (reference number, email used for purchase, etc) and I'll look for your order.

17. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Please pardon my lack of familiarity with acronyms but what does "PM" mean?

I would like a refund too, and will be happy to provide my order info as well. But I need to know how to get it to you (sending emails to support@parallels.com and order-support@parallels.com hasn't worked as they've either gone unanswered or "auto-answered" with directions to incorrect online complaint forms that also go unanswered.)

I know you guys work hard but I sense that your ship is sinking, organizationally speaking.

18. danws

danws Junior Member

I have sent the PM, spectre.

John, a PM is a private message. If you click on a person's username you can choose "Private message this person" and it will basically send them an email over the forum.

19. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Thanks danws. I just sent the PM with the requested info to spectre.

20. danws

danws Junior Member

Thanks, spectre for finally giving me my refund.