Problems with Pivot Options in Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Daniel450D, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Daniel450D

Daniel450D Bit poster

Hi Guys,

It's my first time here ;-)
    I've got a problem with my parallels 8: If I want to use Excel sheets with pivot tables, cause I cannot manage the options of the pivot. I put a screenshot it it in this thread.

The question is: What's that?! How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Attached Files:

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Daniel,

Is Excel the only app which behaves this way? Does it behave like this only in Coherence, or it doesn't depend on the view mode? Can you send the exact steps to reproduce the issue? Also I need problem report ID: hit Help > Report a Problem and post the ID here.

3. KDRRAS

KDRRAS Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem with Pivot Tables in Excel and other panes (like auto recovery and definition lookups) in other office applications. It happens is all view modes and sizes that I have used.

It basically creates an overly enlarged view of the top bar of the field list task pane for the Pivot Table. My problem is happening on my late 2012 iMac. I also use a retina Macbook Pro and do not have the problem, although the top bar of the task pane with the "x" and "triangle" are larger than they usually are.

Has a fix been identified?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. KDRRAS

KDRRAS Bit poster

I found the solution to my problem. I went into Windows under the Screen Resolution settings and under "Make text and other items larger or smaller" I changed it to "Smaller," which enabled me to see more of the Pivot Table Task pane. I then resized it and changed the font back to medium. It is working fine now.

By the way, the problem did impact the the task pane in other Office programs and this resolved those issues as well.

5. bijanm

bijanm Bit poster

This solution did not work for me. When I tried this, the arrows from the pivot were not showing up at all and the screen is completely grey.

PLEASE ADVISE how to fix this

6. Andrew@Parallels

Do you use MacLook? Try to disable it from View > Use MacLook (uncheck it)

7. bijanm

bijanm Bit poster

Negative, don't use Maclook

8. Andrew@Parallels

Please let me know the problem report ID when you reproduce the issue: http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058
    Post the ID here.

9. BillHedstrom

BillHedstrom Bit poster

I am having the same issue. When I follow the steps above- changing the "Make text and other items larger or smaller" in the windows display options menu. The setting does not take.

I change the setting from custom to small, it pops up and states that prior to setting I must log out and log back in. Once I log back in, the setting is changed back to custom. Is parallels overriding this setting change?

10. FGW123

FGW123 Bit poster

Possible Resolution to Pivot Table Problem

I had a similar issue. I went into the VM configuration (Virtual Machine, Configure, Hardware, Video) and changed the resolution to More Space, restarted the VM, and then was able to see and resize the Pivot Table Field List. After resizing it, I was able to go back and change the resolution back to Scaled and all seems good now. Was driving me crazy for a long time. Hope this helps.