Can I return or cancel my Parallels 3.0 purchase?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by moseph, Jun 14, 2007.

1. moseph

moseph Bit poster

Has anyone returned or cancelled their credit card purchase of the Parallels upgrade? I am researching this option right now. To bad I didn't get it from Walmart they would take it back if I had complaints about the product like the ones that are in these here forums. If i could return the purchase it would make me a bit happier about my experience with Parallels.

I am a long time Parallels user and am finally fed up with the product. I have been beta testing it from the beginning and consider myself a advanced user/tester but I was not involved in this last major release. I figured the latest release based off of the advertising would actually be worth the upgrade fee, man was I wrong this time. On several systems where I have been running Parallels Desktop for the Mac I am running into instability issues with the latest release of Parallels desktop just trying to do basic things like making a new Parallels session or with USB connectitivy. I have found many of my issues here in the forums with no real fix for them and am unhappy with that.

I probably will not cancel my purchase because I should have tried the trial but I wanted the promotional price. However I will be advising my enterprise institution to steer clear of this product.

:confused:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  2. coreyjf

coreyjf Bit poster

Have you tried searching, or were you just looking for an excuse to rant

3. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

You will not get a reply, sad to say... except sarcasm from the peanut gallary and bitter condolences from the rest of us...

4. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

A few days ago Andrew @ Parallels provided the email address for refunds, and also requested the petitioner provide the reasons for their dissatisfaction so that they could make the product better.

Several purchasers have responded that they have already received their refunds and that the process was painless.

Edit: Sorry, it was Tim, not Andrew: http://forum.parallels.com/post64507-3.html

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  5. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Such a reasoned answer... how DO you do it ?? Are you part of the staff ??

You SHOULD be....

God knows you seems to be the only one around here that has any kind of information.

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I'm a happy customer. Makes all the difference in the world how you approach the product and it's issues. But I also came into it with very realistic expectations and a long lifetime of parsing out the BS in the adverts.

7. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Yeah,... I guess it's hard for me to remember that I was once a Happy Customer also. I pray you never join us here on the darkside. LOL

8. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Read the threads regarding Global Sharing security. That was a successful effort. It was also a reasoned effort with plenty of examples of why it was a bad idea to enable by default. It also had plenty of humor. It was also picked up by a lot of blogs and the Washington Post. It was an excellent backdrop to use for the similar security issue with SmartStart apps that allows Windows to launch OS X applications. Very dangerous.

You can make a difference if you avoid sounding like a moonbat. When a poster becomes the issue rather than their ideas they have lost the ability to make their point. And never forget what the gipper said: "There's no limit to how far you can go if you don't care who gets the credit".

9. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Your advice is well heeded. Thanks. And yes I do remember the Global Security threads. It is one of my worst reactions to be ignored. I am very 'spoiled' some would say and used to getting my way and scores of attention. So when I am ignored, I think it must be the old, Negative Attention is better than NO Attention kicking in.

So, let' see if I can make a better effort at calm yer persistant diligence.

= )

10. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Member

Wow.. I'm really surprised by the complaints here. I've had a couple of stability issues during the upgrade of the Parallels environment from 2.x to 3 but overall it's been far more stable (once the virtual environment was upgraded and settled out). I had the 2.x version hard-lock my OSX environment more than once.

I understand the frustration, however. The more complex software gets it's very often the case that there are more issues to shake out.

11. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

All we are saying.... is give as the TRUTH... REAL answers to real questions.