Parallels Threats Instaed of Answers ???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Rachel Faith, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Instead of answering any of my PMs or any of my posts, or any of the dozen or so other posts on the subject of why the mouse / cursor loses contact and gets stuck in the VM, with actual information. I got a threat.

That's right.

Parallels actually took the TIME to PM me with a THREAT rather than a calming half answer to even Acknowledge that they have this issue.

I threatened them back.

With a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT !

It is obvious that if I want their serious attention, their bankroll may be the only way to go.

No SANE company will take millions of dollars from customers and then FAIL to deliver a working product while IGNORING dozens of complaints.

Unreal !!

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Should I sell off my SWSoft assets now?

3. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Sell now.... buy after the company is in ruins... cause the concept is good and someone will buy them out... and hopefully provide genuine customer service and not LIE to their users.

4. cynic

cynic Member

May I ask what kind of threat that might have been?

5. mcowger

mcowger Member

As a law student, then, you'd have to know that your suit would have to be granted class action status, and you'd also know that such a suit WOULDN'T be granted such status because there is a FREE TRIAL WITH ALL THE SAME BUGS.

6. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Instead of taking the time to address the many conserns of their customers, they employ the tactic of IGNORING them.

This works for many, as the forum is littered with newbies with 4 of fewer posts, usually on one thread with one problem, for which they came hopeful and were left with silence and indifference.

Them for some fewer, who do not like or respond well to silence, Parallels will reply with an inane canned answer usually not even german to the actual issue... making it completely obvious that they are only ignoring you in a more indirect means.

Finally, for the even smaller few who protest this... they actually EDIT or DELETE your posts.

Then there is me.... the 1% of the 1% who will not be ignored... who will not be silenced... who will respond with anger and great vengence when deleted and edited.

Then they BAN us... the ultimate "FOAD" of customer service.

When, all any one of them has to do... is acknowledge the issue and make a serious non-canned post to discover how and why the problems occur.

Conflict is the result of indifference at best and at worst... abusive business practices.

7. cynic

cynic Member

What still doesn't answer the question... :p

8. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

As a Law Student, I know the RESULT of any case is NEVER predetermined and that MOST ALL are settled before trial.

My point is: Do they WANT this kind of publicity ??

Or will they stop ignoring customers and put some... just SOME... focus on "hey we know about this one... but we're not sure why either, tell us about your system and how this error happened."

Ya know.... GOOD FAITH ??

9. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Sure it does. Last sentence. They told me to shut up or be banned. I do not expect to last the day and expect to have a new screen name tomorrow.

The whole point of it is to show their PATTERN of indifference, then censorship.

I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER.

Any other business who treated customers like this would NOT be getting all the happy press, like kudos from Steve at WWDC.

A class action lawsuit would force them to bring professionals to the customer service side.

While in school, I work part time as a Team Leader for a Fortune 5 Financial Institution... I am well trained in customer solutions and this one is a case study in complete failure.

10. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

You don't have a case. They are exercising their pre-announced policy regarding the forum, nothing more. The real Ann Coulter would know that. And she would be funny.

11. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Actually YOUR post was funny... especially the smacker on the end. LOL

Thanks... I needed a light hearted movement while reading all these dreadful posts I have previously just skimmed...

As Dr McCoy famously said... "It's worse than I thought".

12. jmaluso

jmaluso Junior Member

Rachel Faith:

Maybe you should just be patient like the rest of us? Parallels has been known for giving all of us timely updates in the past. They have done a MUCH better job at this than most companies I have purchased software from. What makes you think all of a sudden now when they are getting more press and popularity they would stop doing this? Would you rather have them spending time replying to a million posts / PMs on the forums or fixing the bugs?

Also, when the mouse cursor gets stuck in the VM is it that much of a hassle for you to press control + option to release it?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  13. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

These forums are mostly populated by users of the product who help other users on a volunteer basis. From now on, I am going to ignore all posts by anybody who is threatening lawsuits, whose Daddy is Attorney General, or who would rather call a film crew than read the manual. It's just not worth the hassle.

In fact, if we could get all threats to be posted in a separate sub-forum, it would be easier to ognore then so we could help the people who are asking for help with specific issues.

14. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Rachel, sometimes lawyers wonder why the enmity is towards them from a usual person... You are showing a perfect example of why. Parallels might not have the best practices, but reviewing your posting history doesn't really make me want to help you. If you really didn't like the software you should have dumped it after your trial... Yes, there is one available.

No, I don't work for Parallels. Yes, I work at a law office.

15. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I understand. I used to be a FanGirl too when I had no problems and thought these "haters" were over the top. It's human nature to be unsympathetic when your situation is all rosey.

My complaint, just in case it missed ya, is not about the problems... but the utter and complete lack of communication or the outright dismissel of customers with canned answers that bots might as well have posted.

Like the saying "I will not go quietly".

= )

16. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

Rachel:

the more you freak out, the more people will become patient.
    I am one of them and I am not happy with the way things are working, too.
    But If the Parallels-Guys are spending their time on fixing the bugs, instead of creating a giant callcenter.... it would be ok for me !

Hopefully you won't take me to court, now. ;)

just calm down and wait like all the others.

Jack

17. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Member

Rachel:

You sound like you could use some decaf....

First - if you were any kind of law student you'd know that so far with what you've stated you have no case. Software comes with no warranty - implied or otherwise. It either works for you or it doesn't. And there was an evaluation copy for you to determine if the software would meet your needs.

This forum is a private venue. They have their rules. One of them - put in a broad sense is "Don't be a rude jerk". If you are you can be banned. You can even be banned at the IP-level meaning you won't even be able to see the web forums again.

You hamper your efficacy with this type of ranting. You can be FAR more effective being calm and trying to be part of the solution: Report the problems you're seeing here, notify them of issues so they can address them. Right now you're just comming across as a nut who needs to switch to decaf - and I'm sure if you're a law student you're far smarter than that.

18. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Well, see, if they didn't have the time to PM me with threats... then MAYBE I would consider that they were hard at work and I'd deal with it.

If they didn't have the time to delete my posts... then MAYBE I would consider that they were hard at work and I'd deal with it.

And if they didn't have the time to EDIT my posts... then MAYBE I would consider that they were hard at work and I'd deal with it...

But considering that they DO have time for ALL of the above and yet DO NOT have time for ONE... Just ONE... serious professional reply of substance...

::::sigh:::::

What else can be inferred ??

19. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Well right now almost everyone is at WWDC showing off their server product. I doubt any of them are breaking away from their day long session to read / respond to these forums. Hopefully Monday when everyone is back where they belong we can start to get some better answers.

20. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Actually software lawsiuts ar quit common. In Iowa in fact, where I am from, we just settled a 179 MILLION dollar suit against MicroSoft. Class Action where any customer in the entire state who purchaced any MS product between 2004 and 2006 is eligable for a $29 refund per product or licence.

All for unfair business practices.

And the EULA had zero influence.

Also the case was settled out of court, as is the usual case. 90% of suits NEVER make it to court because the parties settle.

I would use such a tactic ONLY as a last means of getting the attention of the management side of the company if these Tech People do not address our issues or take actions against me to silence me.

Because I am sure no one on the management side ever reads this forum and or has any clue about what goes on here.

Further, I would not expect to prevail in court or even get anything besides my money back. But it is the attention, the press, the publicity which would cause the change in behavior of this company which would be worth the effort of a suit.

I hope that's clear enough to all those "you do not have a case" wannabees. You always have a case... that's the beauty of the system.

= )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.