Locking Up With 3212

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SnakeDiver, Jun 11, 2007.

1. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

Hello,

I just recently upgraded to the latest 2.5 build 3212. I got a couple of issues now, that I was hoping someone may know how to resolve.

1) When parallels starts loading Windows, the entire computer (Mac OS X) locks up, and I'm not able to do anything. I used to be able to open up a safari browser, or travel to a website, or read my email while I waited for Windows to boot. Now I just have to wait.

2) I can no longer drag & drop applications from the Mac desktop to the Windows desktop. The Green (+) cursor appears, but does nothing when I release. As well, parallels tools constently freezes and is generally running at 90%+ CPU.

Anyone experienced these issues? Anyone know how to resolve?

Thanks

2. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

No one has any ideas?

3. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I wish I did. But I will post something, as my complaint with Parallels is they IGNORE people, so I am now the self appointed replier... so at least you know you are not alone.

There are many many and did I say MANY bugs with Parallels.... And I have seen no pattern of consitancy. I had 2.5 and every upgrade went flawlessly. Then I went to 3.0 and have had nothing but trouble and of course NO HELP from Parallels.

Some people have reported success with completely uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels and the tools. I have not and other have not, but some do.

Make a good back up of your VM and then uninstall tools, uninstall parallels, and begin new. Reboots every time naturally. It's a horrid long shot and not what anyone wishes to hear... but Parallels wouldn't even bother to try to tell you anything else.

God speed.