Build 3212 blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Nick, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick Bit poster

I just installed build 3212 and as soon as I try to login to WinXP I receive a blue screen. Tried it several times.

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

3. Nick

Nick Bit poster

You've got to be kidding. The only thing I did is install the build 3212 official update. I don't think fixing the Win XP installation is an acceptable recommendation when it is clear that the 3212 build is what caused this problem. I use Parallels in a production work environment and I don't have the time to be re-running my WinXP installation. Please do not release official updates unless they have been thoroughly QA'd.

4. Nick

Nick Bit poster

BTW, I reverted to build 3188 and all is well again. It just confirms my suspicion that it is a problem with the build 3212.

5. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

They are not "kidding" per se.... but it is yet another example of their policy to "Ignore and continue".

Canned answers without the slightest efforts to address the root of these many problems is the #1 nightmare here.

The more I read about these examples, the more I shake my head... truly.. they seem to think that they can rake in the money and provide absolutely NO support.

6. paddler

paddler Bit poster

Waiting on VMware

I am using 3188 and am afraid to touch it. It works for what I do in Windows (which is less and less every day) I did disable the network driver in the Tools Center which solved some connectivity issues. Been pretty solid since then.

After seeing all the angry people posting in here about version 3 I'm pretty sure I'm not upgrading to that. VMware is looking better every day. You can tell by its extended beta test cycle it is interested in producing a solid product when it is finally released in Aug.

I have to wonder about Parallels as a company. They piss people off and only seem interested in getting new versions to market as fast as possible, letting us pay $80 to beta test it for them. Hope they change, Parallels could be a contender.

7. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I regret upgrading to such a degree that I cannot express it. It has litteraly cost me DAYS. I am sitting here posting because the many things I need to do, I cannot do until the issue is fixed. They won't reply. They won't even acknowledge the issue. So, here we are. You are far better off with the older version than 3.0 by light years. As for VMWare, unless they make a reliable conversion app, I am stuck here.

8. cynic

cynic Member

AFAIK there's a sticky post at the Fusion forum on how to get a Parallels VM converted.

9. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

PM me a link if you do not mind... I may just YET surrender.

10. cynic

cynic Member

It's on its way.