Parallels Desktop 3 > PIECE OF CRAP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Amber242, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Good catch!

2. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

Could just mean that it is larger than your standard piece of crap.

3. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Also a good point. Of course, "larger" denotes a quantifiable measurement difference, e.g., in mass, length, volume, time. "Greater", on the other hand, may denote measureable (quantifiable) differences OR something not quantifiable, e.g., importance or worthiness.

Also, "greater" need not mean "better". A "great earthquake" is not "better" than a "small" or "minor" earthquake.

4. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

I think we can all agree that this means that Parallels is larger, better-smelling, and more destructive than your standard peace^H^H^H^H^H^H piece of crap, then.

(the peace/piece thing is a joke. ha ha.)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  5. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Not sure what your "^H^H^H^H^H^H" is supposed to denote - was it a graphics failure?

Also, I noticed that our SYS, VID and OS are identical. :)

I am still using PDM build 3212 pending receipt of my build 4128 activation key I wrote about elsewhere (although I may hold off actually installing until after resolution of the many "issues" listed so far).

6. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Same here.

I was a total FANGIRL and did not understand all those people who had problems in 2.5 and before.

I did notice that Parallels was slacking in customer replies... and I felt fortunate that I had been spared any glitches...

Now I feel guilty for not being sympathetic enough to all those people before me who got screwed over and were frustrated by the total lack of commitment to this product visa vi any observable effort of support.

You are NOT alone...

7. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

^H = Backspace, and here's an explanation:

Some systems don't understand the same keystrokes to mean the same things. Very commonly, you might have a Telnet or SSH session into a Unix(-like) server, and you want to backspace over something you mistyped. Problem is, the server doesn't understand your keystroke. Instead of backspacing over characters, you will see "^H" for each time you hit backspace, because that's what your computer understands backspace to mean.

It's a joke I guess is more appropriate for the Linux crowd. I would have struck the previous word out, but these forums don't provide strikeout markup.

8. sev7en

sev7en Bit poster

I do agree... I am really disappointed about this long awaited update. I bought it but sincerely I am thinking to use VMWare Fusion... it isn't DX 9 but fully 8.1 compatible (and it does its job a lot better...).

9. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Sadly entirely because of the lack of genuine care demonstrated by lacking customer care, I too am about to jump ship.

10. bkwest918

bkwest918 Bit poster

It did come with a 30 day trial... so why are you bitching now?

/b

11. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Welcome to the forum. I am fascinated that your two and only two posts are attacking me; and with such limited vocabulary. How curious....

12. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

Please, quickly.

You stand out, and not in a good way either. (You sound about 12 in your rants.)

13. cynic

cynic Member

Folks is it maybe somehow possible to stop this flamewar?
    If you are frustrated it is your right to make that clear but please open a SINGLE post for that and see how it goes. It does not make any sense to flame every other thread and noone benefits from it.

There are a lot of interesting, helpful or help seeking diskussions here that are just going under in flame/spam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.