USB compatability with scanner

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mcbiermann, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mcbiermann

mcbiermann Bit poster

When will I be able to run my ScanX x-ray scanner with XVLite and throw out my laptop PC? This is the whole reason I bought an IMac & Parallels in the first place and just spent $50 more to get 3.0.

2. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

My scanner has never worked in any version. That's why I have a Bootcamp version on my Laptop for my USB GPS and my VisionPro Scanner.

3. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

I don't have ScanX but I have an Epson 2450 Photo which is 3-4 years old and I am surprised that it actually works in Vista VM.

I went to Epson.com and downloaded the latest Vista driver, installed it, turn on the scanner and select the scanner by clicking the USB icon at the bottom of the Vista VM window, and just let Vista did its thing. At the end, Vista complainted that scanner could not be started. I ignored that message, open Windows Photo Gallery and did Import from Camera and Scanner. A dialog open up and I could scan without problem.

It looks like Parallels 3.0 did improve USB support. Maybe you can try finding the latest Vista driver for Scan X and give it another chance. It might just work.

4. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

I don't understand your problem.

You cannot get the USB scanner to connect to the Partallels VM?

Or you can connect it, but it does not function, or functions incorrectly?

Which version of Windows are you using?

Are you sure the scanner drivers are current?

5. mcbiermann

mcbiermann Bit poster

I'm using Windowx XP professional
    The scanner is recognized and shows as working in the hardware but doesn't function
    I've tried every driver I can find