Autoexpanding harddrive

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by robertcerny, Apr 30, 2006.

1. jla0

jla0 Junior Member

Nice come back. You obviously don't understand the implecation of making what you are asking. Parallels makes good Virtualization product.. not a partitioning product. End of story.

2. johnb

johnb Member

the instructions are clear. but i have a question. when i chooose a partition to resize, the resize option in the operations menu is dimmed. is there anything i need to do to activate it?

3. mavidal

mavidal Product Expert

Russ or anyone:

I know this is not parallels related, but can any of you point me to a good partition utiulity for OSX? I ahd to kill my boot camp partition since it was not big enough and cannot recreate it since I get the stupid error some files cannot be moved. I know what the issue is, and really do not want to image my system, wipe it out and start over.

I know that diskwarrior could have taken care of this problem, but they do not have an intel based solutiuon yet.

Could this systemrescue CD do what I need?

Thanks in advance.

Mike V.

4. bmzero

bmzero Junior Member

Linux Boot

I followed the instructions exactly, but it hangs on "Scanning all disk partitions" after I click the "Commit" button. How long should this step take?

I killed the image once and restarted it. The same occurred on the restart.

.brit

5. Larry__Rymal

Larry__Rymal Member

To expand my hard drive size to fit the image (vice versa?), I read this messages from the thread below. Worked great for me. Note that my image was originally Fat32 and I had to convert it to NTFS. The guys there explained how to do that as well:

"How I resized a Windows Partition"
    http://forums.parallels.com/thread1481.html

6. bmzero

bmzero Junior Member

Fixed it!!! I restarted the Linux boot again, this time resizing the partition once again, even though it still defaulted to the new size. This time the commit succeeded.

.brit

7. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

I can't recommend auto-expanding drives. When I converted mine back to being a static drive, XP now boots up to 300 times faster, and things are just snappier and seems a lot faster now.