Parallels Threats Instaed of Answers ???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Rachel Faith, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Today IS a Good Day to Die - Klingon Proverb

2. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

welcome in the 21st century!
    If they would be Russians, the VM would work ! :cool:

3. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I'd think so too.... All the best coders and hackers come from the near east. But I am truly at a lose to explain the total and complete lack of a "OK People, we've been busy with X and all these bugs, expect a release in X days"...

Ya know ??

Throw us a bone??

But silence and threats is the TOTALLLLLLLLLLY wrong way to go about it all.

4. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

I won't argue that point of silence, but in my case I worked the last days with Parallels and the only two apps I need. ...and that's all I need.(on XP)
    If I would be reliant on indispensable-to-life-power-games, I would be more angry, too.

btw job... I have to go now.

5. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Its been fun Jack.

Have a great day !

6. kat

kat Product Expert

7. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Hey, whatever it takes...

But seriously, it would get their attention and force them to respond to customers... if nothing else than because of the bad press and their competitors would take advantage of it and Apple would do some "serious" talking to them.

But again... my threat is as real as theirs ... we shall see then... shan't we ?

8. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

A. You have still not shared a quoted form of this "threat." Instead you are trying to "rally the troops" with your single-sided perpective on the matter.

B. You quote Klingons, clearly you are not to be taken seriously.

You are one more annoying voice whining in a thread full of people trying to identify real problems. Help, or get the hell out.

9. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Before there were Klingons there were real people:

It Is a Good Day to Die
    Indian Eyewitnesses Tell the Story of the Battle of the Little Bighorn

By Herman J. Viola
    With Jan Shelton Danis

ISBN: 0-8032-9626-6

10. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Dear John,

LOL

Sorry, that stuck me funny as soon as I typed it...

I do not care to rally the troops. But as former groupie fangirl, hey.. I understand where yer coming from. I am just to quote something other than Klingons (which was humor BTW), I am mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

And ALL anyone... any one of them.. the staff... lurking in the shadows reading this and the other posts right now... ALL any one has to do is POST.

Acknowledge their failure in customer service and make good faith efforts henceforth to reply to posters... sans the canned answers we see from time to time.

Now, if you have a problem with the MEANS... so be it... You try your way... I will try mine...

But I'd be hard pressed to believe you have a problem with the complaint or the end result needed.

Cheers !

11. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Truth is stranger than fiction.

And YOU continue to amaze !!

= )

12. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

Actually I'm fine and my software is working as expected to. Fantastic.

Do you have a particular problem you are trying to address?

13. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Johnnie.... Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events... but YEAH.

I posted a couple... and got NADA from them. Static.

So I searched and found that other are having the IDENTICAL problem and that their posts were unanswered...

So I began to post my replies to them, bumping the threads, hoping to raise the profile a little.

When this got no result I PM'd them.

When this too got nothing... stone cold silence I be came angry and posted a rather RUDE post documenting this adversion to customer support.

They deleted it.

Rightfully so, I don't argue that I was a bitch and that I expected it to be over the top.

But, while it got their attention... surprisingly... they DID NOTHING to address the problem.

Stunned, I began to more forcefully, but without the ^%#*(@^^ colorful adjectives, make it known that such ignoring of customers will not go without consequence.

Then I was told to shut up or I might be banned.

THAT was the straw which broke the camels back as they say.

They have the time to EDIT and DELETE my posts... but NOT to address my concerns...

They have the time to reply with threats in PM... but NOT to address the posted problems...

And That, frankly.. is unacceptable.

As a paying customer... I resent that treatement.

And all the hundreds of others who have come here, posted, been ignored and left... I now speak to their cause...

While I am still able...

14. CD3660

CD3660 Bit poster

Well said!

Being a lawyer of over 30 years standing I am dismayed at the pugnacious arrogance of this aspiring "legal eagle" - sometimes calm mature reflection, patience and a reasonable approach to a problem pays dividends and at the same time preserves a degree of respect. Above all, it is important to maintain a sense of perspective.

Is it any wonder that lawyers are so often despised.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  15. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

So, law student. When protesting doesn't work, we should riot?

Lack of responce may indicate a lack of sufficiant information to answer your question properly. It's a matter of method, I suppose. You clearly don't like when they do not answer you, but you get equally pissed when they give you a filler responce instead.

Which is it? Respond, even if it's not sufficient to answer the question? Or wait until you can answer properly, or provide a real fix?

16. Devin

Devin Bit poster

Until she posts the actual PM - I think we can all assume its hogwash and she's making stuff up.

Wackjob.

17. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

John, if you believe their level of customer service is acceptable or even above that, then we truly have nothing further to discuss.

18. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

These are technical support/discussion forums. Support, bring up a point of technical discussion or ask a question in a single thread, or go elsewhere to flame.

It's one thing to make a thread saying you are going to bring litigation to Parallels/SWSoft due to harassment, threats, poor customer service, indecent exposure, or otherwise. It is a wholly other thing to dominate a TECHNICAL DISCUSSION forum by posting your self-important one-person contributions to your crusade in nearly EVERY NEW THREAD created.

You are not going to become famous, you are not going to change society, and you are not going to be called upon as a legal consultant for your local news station. You are going to get banned from these forums, and you MIGHT get a note of apology from someone within Parallels or SWSoft to get you to shut up.

Please, let those who have problems, want to bring up valid TECHNICAL discussions, or want to provide help do so without having to stumble over your attempts to paint the board in blood.

And thanks for getting me to feed the troll. I hope she finds this post yummy.

19. jbh001

jbh001 Member

That someone's signal-to-noise ratio has exploded on the "noise" end. And that if it can be stemmed by addressing the few that have gotten out of hand, then that is likely the best option.

Secondly, is it possible they could counter sue you for defamation, harassment, or disparagement? After all, these are "user forums" where we can help each other and share the tips tidbits, and tricks we've discovered. They are not official support channels, and the fact that official support personnel poke their heads in here every once in a while is a blessing, not negligence.

I for one am willing to give Parallels the benefit of the doubt in thinking that their support channels are severely over-burdened and/or grossly understaffed.

Also, could it be inferred that maybe several users found your posts offensive or otherwise inappropriate and requested that the forum moderator make them less inflammatory or remove them? After all, the purpose of this forum (as I understand it) is to have a place where we can help each other out. Not a place for a whine-fest.

Now wait a minute. We are talking about Parallels here. Don't change the subject to Microsoft.

Wait! Are you still talking about Parallels, or are you now referring to all the Fortune 5000 companies that have outsourced their English telephone support to India and Pakistan?

If Parallels has treated you poorly, vote with you feet (or pocketbook). I hear VM Ware is coming along nicely. Also Dell and HP make some nice Windows machines.

But if you persist in your present course, unmodified, then you probably will go--kicking and screaming the whole way, no doubt. You've just created your own self-fulfilling prophecy.

Now, what were those helpful, useful, technical insights you contributed to these forums? The only things that quickly come to mind are "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" and "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

20. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Oh... So much flame and off-topic discussions...
    I suggest we do the following:
    1. I close this thread (done ;) )
    2. Rachel, you are free to PM me on any questions you actually have with Parallels. I can't promise some swift and informative answer, but I'll do my best.
    3. To those interested: AFAIK one of our moderators just asked Rachel to be more polite in her forum posts or she may be suspended from posting. I don't know the exact phrasing, so maybe there was some misunderstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.