Parallels is Deleting Threads

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bleclair, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleclair

bleclair Bit poster

I posted a thread about the new VMWare preorder offer, and an admin posted and said that he was going to allow the thread and discussion/competition was good.

Then he got in an argument with a different user about phone support and now the thread is missing...

I even looked up all threads posted by me and it's gone. post/thread #65776

WEAK.

VMWare allows discussion of Parallels on their board and you guys should do the same.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

They have stated that this will be their policy. It's their BBS and we're guests. There are other BBS's where such topics are welcome. That said, they have allowed some amazing threads to remain, and those threads are not flattering at all. They're not thin-skinned, IMO.

3. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I have had threads deleted too... it seems some animals are more equal than others around here.

4. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Heh, I remember one of your threads which was deleted. They should have deleted it, it was nothing more than one rambling vile sentance which was 90% '*' marks, but the words were obviously visable. There was no need for the post other than letting everyone know what level your intellect stoops to in order to make a point. Calling the few developers who are trying to help "c--- s-----s" helps you case in no way.

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Guys,

We indeed removed number of threads recently. We never did such things in the past (from the start of these forums more than year ago). But some of the latest posts were crossed the border of what we can tolerable on these forums.

You are free to discuss our competitors advatages here and compare us with them, but please do not post direct links to their purchase offers. We will treat this as commercial advertisement which is not allowed here.

PS: Try to post on VMware forums Parallels advertisement with price and buy link to our online store. I doubt they tolerate this either.

6. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Hello Andrew.

Please, if it is not too much trouble... there are a dozen threads on the front two pages addressing a double mouse, locking cursor, or other such effect to which no one has been able to give anything close to a half witted reply.

Being candid with you, when you suddenly appear and make posts about advertising and what not, while entire threads of real problems go days without the slightest reply of substance, you are bringing the problems upon yourself.

It is obvious that Parallels in and of itself, at this stage is a superior product. But the complete disregard for and utterly contemptible lack of customer service is going to bring the sudden end to this enterprise as soon as the technical differences between the products are no longer the factor.

So my ever so humble and sincere advice.... is that rather than suddenly appear on this thread and discussing why or why not you removed threads... just post ONE or TWO answers to a couple of the actual issues of which people are inquiring.

THAT would speak volumes...

THAT might even speak louder than the deafening silence which pervades.

7. bkwest918

bkwest918 Bit poster

It is their servers, their forums, their software they can really do what they please. I find their software perfect for my needs. If you want to play games go buy a windows pc and shut up.

/b

8. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

The guy who cleans our toilets at work is not the same guy who maintains our servers. That's an extreme example, but I'm sure not everyone at paralles writes software.

Anrdrew is very helpful as a forum administrator. Did you ever consider that he may not have the resources to answer your questions. And clearly, sticking his head in here for any reason is going to get him bit by irrational people like yourself. I wouldn't answer you either. You've already made up your mind and you're just being combatative anymore.

9. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Then he could say so...

And as for answering me... I have but one issue, there are others which have never, NEVER been answered... surely you know this. Why do you defend the indefensible?

10. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

Because you are trying to rationalize irrational behavior.

So what was your problem with the software again? I thought you had a problem that needed answering? Isn't that your whole arguement?

11. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Obviously you are being intentionally disingenuous for some effect or have not read anything in this matter to be competent to make such a statement and are only replying to this post for sport. Enjoy it for whatever it brings you.

12. bleclair

bleclair Bit poster

If you want to close threads, it is your bandwidth and site...

BUT don't have other admins post that the topic is ok and THEN delete it. Get on the same page with each other.

And while I think Parallels was stupid/unprofessional/dishonest in actually advertising 3D as a "feature", I sure as hell didn't mean to bring Ms. Faith along with me.

Just get your refund and move on. You is scarin' the children.

13. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

I'm simply trying to help you. But you don't seem to want help. You just seem to want to continue making angst.

I won't presume to know what issues you may or may not be having with the software in question.

I see you are concerned with Windows drivers. But aside from that, don't know what exactly is breaking for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

14. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

I guess I owe you some explanation here.
    Personally, I approved that thread and didn't delete it.
    But after some consideration from some other member of Parallels Team and some debates the thread was deemed commercial advertisement.
    Guess I'm the guy cleaning toilets here :) (John the Geek, that comparison was just hilarious, I hope Andrew likes it ;) )

Anyway, I think we can close this thread. You are welcome to PM me if you have any further questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.