When will USB headsets work????

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by barnys, Jun 13, 2007.

1. barnys

barnys Member

I have been waiting and waiting, and continue continue waiting for USB headseats to work properly under Parallels. I still get the terrible odd robotized sound for my voice. I had high hopes that Parallels would fix this in the new release. :(

This has worked perfect since Fusion Beta 1, and this is the only reason why I can't ditch Fusion completely.

Any word out there in any headsets that work fine with Parallels for a voip client?

2. mikechadwick

mikechadwick Member

Hi Barnys
    i agree that this is incredibly frustrating - i posted on this topic again a couple of days ago. i don't get how vmware got it right from day 1 yet Parallels, after all this time and 3 release versions, still can't get headsets to work properly with usb. there is a fix you can try but it's a poor compromise as it means you can't use external speakers for music!

i'm in the same boat as you - i'm using vmware until this bug is fixed.

3. Ankou

Ankou Guest

4. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi Ankou,

Did you notice that the first and last posts in that thread you referenced were from the same two people in this thread? :) Maybe they're both after more info from Parallels, rather than pointing them both back to their own posts ;-)

Rgds,

Guy

5. barnys

barnys Member

This is not a solution, it is a poor work around, and as guydavies pointed out, I started the thread. I guess what I am asking is when will Parallels will get this operating correctly?

Not nice that I was referenced to my own post!

6. wingdo

wingdo Pro

The work around in the referenced thread is a hack and not a solution. The headset should operate as a headset and not as the entire sound system.

7. barnys

barnys Member

What I am after is that headsets operate as such, not as an entire sound system. Please read my initial posting in case that it wasn't clear. I expect no more than a basic functionality that Fusion provided since Beta 1.

So not only does Parallel doesn't work well with USB headsets, but also now it turns out that booting up a Fusion VM and Parallel VM can crash the system, so I can't use my voip application, unless I totally give up on Parallels. This is a crash originated by Parallels.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007