Boot camp MAC address

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gsanders, Jun 14, 2007.

1. gsanders

gsanders Bit poster

Hi all. I hope I am not covering too much old ground:) Sorry, if I am. I read that if the MAC address of Parallels is set to the MAC address of Boot camp, then I do not have to keep reactivating XP.

Is this correct? If so, then how do I get the MAC address of Boot camp.

Thanks, my children will love you for it:D

Graham

2. PrinceZordar

PrinceZordar Member

Is there a way to disable the Parallels network adapter and use the native Mac adapter? I remember seeing a setting for that in the Tools, but I didn't have any reason to mess with it.

-Z

3. Ungenious

Ungenious Member

If you are running Parallels 2.5 or later, it shouldn't cause you to re-activate Windows... so says the release notes. I updated my Boot Camp drivers to 1.3 & I updated Windows XP's Genuine Advantage Notification Tool or something & it seemed to work now. I had to do one last call to Customer Support for my activation # in Parallels.

My earlier thread:
    (http://forums.parallels.com/thread13044.html)

4. macosnerd

macosnerd Member

NoI don't believe so, being a "virtual" environment you have no direct access to any of the hardware. This is good and bad, good that is does not interfere with the normal operations of the host system, bad in that it can cause headaches when needing to use that specific hardware :cool: