Media Center (MCE) - Windows 7 x64 - Ceton InfiniTV USB

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by admin0730, Jul 25, 2012.

1. admin0730

admin0730 Bit poster

I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB working with Windows 7 x64 on Parallels Desktop 7 on my MacBook Pro Retina (2.3 Ghz, 16 GB). As far as I know this is the only setup to get digital cable on a Mac. However, fast motion causes the video to look sliced horizontally (see attached screenshot). Overall the quality is pretty good, but I'd love to get this fixed. Maybe there is an upgraded video driver or setting I could try? Here is the VM config:

CPUs: 2
    Memory: 2 GB
    Video Memory: 256 MB
    Enable 3D acceleration: On
    Enable vertical synchronization: On

The CPU and memory levels look fine in Windows and do not appear to be the issue (I have already tested increasing them). Any guidance here would be great. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Ahwman

Ahwman Junior Member

I noticed the same issue and haven't found a fix. By the way, did you have any issues using the InfiniTV USB version with WMC in Parallels? I'm currently using the PCI version in a dedicated HTPC and want to get rid of it and and attach an InfiniTV USB version to my iMac and consolidate into one machine. Also, how did you pass the digital cable adviser in WMC since Parallels doesn't support HDCP, or did you use a hack?

Thanks so much!

3. admin0730

admin0730 Bit poster

No major issues with InfiniTV USB in Parallels. Audio-sync isn't super for me. I'm mainly watching sports, so the audio-sync isn't a huge deal. Occasionally I will have to replug/power-cycle to get it recognized as well. I don't do much recording, so I can't really speak to that. As far as HDCP, WMC will throw an error about not being HDCP compliant, but all you have to do is fullscreen (or unfullscreen) WMC and the video starts playing. Not sure why it works, but it does.

4. Ahwman

Ahwman Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. So you're able to watch copy once protected content as well?

5. admin0730

admin0730 Bit poster

I verified that I am NOT able to watch copy protected content. I have FIOS and TMC and Showtime work, but Cinemax is blocked w/o activation.