Note to Parallels webmaster: Please make subforums for Parallels Desktop for Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by forgie, Jun 13, 2007.

?

Should there be subforums for Parallels Desktop for Mac?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    96.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. forgie

forgie Member

This forum has gotten way out of hand - I don't think I will be alone in thinking that subdividing the forums would be a good idea.

Perhaps you could have the following sections:

- General Questions/Getting Started
    - Licensing/Upgrades/Updates
    - Bug Reports (no bitching, just plain bug reports)
    - 3D
    - Networking and Sharing
    - Linux
    - Boot Camp
    - Legacy Versions
    --- Version 2
    --- Version 3 would go here when V4 is released, etc.

At the moment I am finding the forums virtually unusable, since every thread gets buried very quickly under a pile of unrelated stuff. I have seen support forums from other companies work MUCH more effectively by splitting things up.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

You forgot to suggest a couple forums for Fusion discussions, pro and con. Maybe one for rants. That one should have a featured ranter each week.

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I suggest amending the Parallels License Agreement. There should be a "No Whining" clause.

4. wesley

wesley Pro

The rant forum should be dedicated to Rachel Faith. She seems to be on a roll lately. Makes me wonder why Parallels tech support isn't helping her out, really.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  5. forgie

forgie Member

Re: Rachel Faith:

The next Ann Coulter...? I didn't think that people who listened to morons like that were smart enough to use a computer? :confused:

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

On a less serious note, it was suggested by myself just prior to the release of 3.0 that they create a 3.0 forum so as to isolate all the legacy blather from the fresh start of 3.0. Din't happen.

The did go with my earlier suggestion of spinning the beta activity off to it's own forum so I'm 1 for 2.

7. forgie

forgie Member

Legacy versions should each have their own sub-forum too - although I don't think anyone uses version 1... I'll add "Version 2" to the list in the OP.

8. wesley

wesley Pro

As far as I remember, Mac version of Parallels started from version 2.1 and ended with 2.5 for what's effectively the 1.x releases.

9. Leauki

Leauki Hunter

Too many categories. That's even more confusing. If you have a network problem with Linux, is that for the Linux section, the networking section, or the bug report section?

Licensing is too easy for questions (once licence per installation), upgrades will only be a problem once a year or so when a really new version is released.

I suggest the following sections:

1. Running Windows
    2. Running Linux and other guests
    3. Networking problems
    4. Release-related issues

Bug reports should be sent via email, I am sure. They are not interactive like questions and answers.

I.e. questions about boot camp go into section 1. Questions about OS/2 or Minix or BeOS go into section 2. Questions about Internet/network access go into section 3. Anything that pops up about new features and upgrades goes into section 4.

3D is a Windows thing. Boot camp questions might be about Linux, but in that case the user is probably very certain about it and would know to use the Linux section.

10. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hi, folks!
    Thanks for all of you for responses.
    Your feedback is very valuable for us.

11. John Purins

John Purins Member

I agree that too many categories wouldn't work well. The 4 categories that Leauki suggests would be a good start and others can be added in the future as necessary.

Thanks forgie for getting this started... great idea!

12. David5000

David5000 Pro

I appreciate your sincerity and goodwill but the fact that your team doesn't already know this (and more) is troubling.

David

13. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

They cannot seem to take the time to even REPLY with an acknowledgment or to ask enough details to suggest they care.

Yet they CAN find the time to delete my posts, alter my posts and send threatening PMs.

THAT is their level of customer service.

Ignore the customer... and if that doesn't work, edit the customer... and if that doesn't work... BAN the customer.

Never seen anything like it....

14. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

They know it...

They DO NOT CARE....

Just another "canned" answer....

When all we are asking for is one of them to have the moral dignity to post the truth of these situations.

15. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

lets hope we get what we wish for

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  16. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Or we do not want amnesty...

= )

17. forgie

forgie Member

Bump.... vote with your mouse! :)

18. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

I voted "Yes" :)
    Seriously, we are working on it folks, we had plans for forum sections re-arrangement for some time already.

19. wesley

wesley Pro

At this point, I think I can firmly believe certain users just won't get satisfied no matter what answers Parallels guys give. Tough love...

20. Ungenious

Ungenious Member

If you were in charge what kind of responses & how frequently would you want to give them? No making excuses, this is work... they do this for a living... take some pride in work instead of using excuses; it only patronizes them if you make excuses for them when they feel that they could be giving more feedback. I have seen no answers to a wide range of problems & this is the first even "We agree, we're looking into it" post I've seen as of yet. That is standard damage control & I haven't seen it until now & I've been fairly active (very active compared to a regular customer -- who by the way wouldn't really even have access to these forums).