check for updates without success

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jack Dumphy, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

Hi,

if I start "check for updates"... the "connect-window" appears and remains constant (Probably for hours) until I click "cancel"
    Thanx for any hints to solve this (minor) problem !

Jack

2. novataglio

novataglio Bit poster

I experience the same thing. I have better luck (20% of the time it will work?) when the VM is off.

3. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

It happened to me also until I changed the destination folder than it went through.

4. Arathorn_7

Arathorn_7 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. The destination folder doesn't seem to matter.

Parallels Build 3188

5. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello Jack Dumphy
    Please provide us what build of Parallels are you running?

6. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

Hi Ankou,

Now 4128.
    Before it was 4124, 3188 ..and all the way down almost to the beginning.
    The "problem" existed from the very first time.

7. Ankou

Ankou Guest

It's very strange...Maybe some firewall blocks your internet connection But now you use the last build, there is no need to update it.
    Besides, you can always download the last build of Parallels from the web site.

8. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

yes, that's the way, I keep things up to date the last months and until I will figure out an other solution, this will probable be the only way.

Fortunately this is a minor problem. The tripple ( and more) times system-freezing a day is a more major one.
    I can hardly wait your 3.xx update !

Thanx for your support and reply !

Jack

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  9. ajay

ajay Hunter

The only way it works for me, and it has always been this way, is to have my Guest OS up and running. I then check for updates and if there is something I desire, it downloads it to my Mac desktop. If I only launch Parallel's, nothing happens when I check for updates. My Guest OS (WinXP Pro), must be active.

10. timadlr

timadlr Junior Member

Doesn't work on me either. I have the 3188 (european) installed. There is no way that I currently can get it to work. I've tried all suggested ways here, but nothing works.

What can I do?

11. forgie

forgie Member

It doesn't work for me running 4124. I have just downloaded 4128 manually. I don't think I've ever seen it work to be honest....

12. timadlr

timadlr Junior Member

It still doesn't work. The update-dialog hangs forever! What is there to do???

13. bgose

bgose Member

Ankou, don't act so surprised...I've been reporting this bug since DAY 1 of your shipped product and have received no response from Parallels even though I've made several tickets concerning this matter.

This is NOT new information to Parallels.

14. KenK

KenK Bit poster

Hasnt worked for me on the first try either. Only after reading someone else's success (20%) with re-trying did I finally get it to work (3rd try). It has been this way for every build including 3.0 and it's last update. Annoying, but not insurmountable. Normally it just hangs with an empty progress bar until I cancel it (left it going for a half-hour once just to see if it was my impatience... nope).