Free 3.0 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tonydenson, Jun 13, 2007.

1. martinm

martinm Bit poster

Can you post links and places you went to go through this process? I'm waiting to hear back from order-support and I have a feeling they're just going to tell me to do what you did. If i can get a head start that would probably save me some time.

Thanks.

2. chrishch

chrishch Bit poster

Wow, this is really feels like a slap in the face. I still haven't received the upgrade key, but I got an email from Parallels saying I can get it at $10 off for only $69.99 if I buy today (until June 19th). What the *@#$%!???

Didn't I read somewhere that they claim they are having problems sending out keys because of the huge volume, but now they can send out these buy me now or pay more later email to everyone subscribed?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  3. cgrillo

cgrillo Bit poster

Free Upgrade..

I also purchased Parallele from Amazon.co.uk in May and was pleased to read that they're providing a free key for 3.0.

Have I heard from them ? ........ nope

I tried emailing numerous email addresses but got no repsonse so I tried a web support call. I received a web support no in an automated reply and a comment that they'll respond within 3 business days... it's now been 5 !

They have a fantastic product but seem to be let down by their administration and support sides - I hop they're not this bad if anyone finds a showstopper of a bug ;)

Charlie G

4. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Support is very loaded with requests currently. Please be patient.

5. Slakerr

Slakerr Bit poster

I still dont have my free upgrade key despite numerous emails :(

6. martinm

martinm Bit poster

My suggestion is to go ahead and start the process with Nova Development as described in this thread: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=12331

Although I faxed all the required information and still haven't heard back from them :(

7. martinm

martinm Bit poster

And now I got an email from Nova saying the following:
    #############
    Your Parallels Desktop 3.0 free upgrade has been processed and approved. You will receive a download link via the email address you provided once Parallels Desktop 3.0 becomes available later this month.

Thank you,

Nova Development
    #############

Seems odd since 3.0 is already out. Any ideas?