Mouse Problems?!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kroople, Feb 9, 2013.

1. kroople

kroople Bit poster

I'm using a Roccat Kone[+] and the driver will not work. The mouse works fine and the driver downloads, but I can't change settings on the mouse at all. I've contacted the company and it is not a Windows 8 problem, and they're still trying to get back to me. It's also not the mouse, as I've tried it on my buddy's computer and it worked just fine. Does anyone know of something special I need to do in Parallels to allow me to change settings on my mouse? It's very frustrating.

2. danieltharris

danieltharris Member

When you plug the mouse in and it asks "Connect to Mac or Windows" did you choose Windows?

If you connect a mouse or keyboard to the Mac, then Windows just sees it as a generic mouse or keyboard, it uses the Parallels mouse driver when connected that way.

If you connect directly to Windows it should see it as the correct make and model, and use the correct driver...It sounds like you may already be doing this though??

If not be aware it would mean the mouse won't work in Mac OS if it's connected directly to the VM. Not a problem if you have a trackpad or other mouse to connect directly to Mac.

3. kroople

kroople Bit poster

It didn't ask me when I plugged it in...I also set it to automatically connect to the VM.

Roccat contacted me and pretty much said they don't know what to do...great.

If I go up to the task bar for Mac and select devices and then USB and then select my mouse, making it only usable in the VM, it still does nothing.