Install Visual Studio 2005 reboots beta 6

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by anderkh, May 1, 2006.

1. anderkh

anderkh Junior Member

I was installing Visual Studio 2005, and part way through the install, the computer (an MBP) just rebooted.

Is there anything I can provide to help figure this out? Can I change the VM settings?

2. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

It's probably just a spontanteous random reboot as I have managed to install VS2005 all the way through with Beta 6. When I was installing XP once it just rebooted so I tried again and it worked. I think sometimes it just reboots at random so if you try it again you might get all the way through the install this time.

3. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

If you are using the default 256 meg, you might give your VM more memory. With 512 meg allocated to the VM, I have installed and worked for hours with vs.net 2003, 2005, sql enterprise manager, and sql 2005 management studio with no issues.

4. anderkh

anderkh Junior Member

I have 512MB allocated to the VM already, so that's probably not it. I rebooted and installed VS 2005 fine. Then, I went to install the doc, and it rebooted!

I'm glad to hear others get the spontaneous reboots, but I'm hoping it gets fixed soon!

5. ZeeG

ZeeG Member

I'm not sure if it is Parallels' problem. I installed VS2005 pro yesterday and I didn't have any reboot until I finished up the 5 discs. Weired..