What's in 7.0.15107?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by NielsO, Sep 9, 2012.

1. NielsO

NielsO Member

When I do 'Check for new updates', Parallels tells me that an update 7.0.15107 is available with a link to this KB article: http://kb.parallels.com/114718

But when I click that link, I am taken to a page that says: 'You can't see internal articles'

So, what has been fixed in 7.0.15107?

2. e_l_green

e_l_green Bit poster

Yah, I'm kinda interested in knowing the answer to that question too. Until then, I'm not installing the update, just in case it disables Parallels 7 and says "Upgrade to Parallels 8" every time I click on the icon :). (Just kidding, they wouldn't *really* do that).

3. NielsO

NielsO Member

Ok, now the KB article says: "Improves product stability."

Still not much in the detail department here. :-(

I'll hold off in fear of screwing my installation..

4. Mardoek

Mardoek Bit poster

Problem with installation of 7.0.15107

I agree with the non-information they provide here. Beside this I tried to install the upgrade, but after clicking the upgrade button, Windows XP is shutting down and nothing happens. In the end I downloaded Parallels 7 from the website and installed it. This installation succeeded.

5. e_l_green

e_l_green Bit poster

They haven't even updated the "is available" sticky on this forum to say 15107 rather than 15106, so the only thing I can personally conclude is that this update somehow managed to accidentally escape into the wild without going through a normal release process, rather than being a "real" update. I mean, c'mon. A 1-line update release note? No real notice anywhere? Hrm.

6. JackMm

JackMm Member

Agree with others, more specifics please?

Please throw us a bone here, Parallels. What does "- Improves product stability." mean? Trying to wiegh whether it's worth it or not to go through the hassle of upgrading.

What specific aspects were fixed???

7. JackMm

JackMm Member

Hello???????

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The answer is likely something like "there is a rare condition with component X that can lead to Parallels crashing in some cases", will you actually hold back from updating and wait to hit that rare condition and crash?

9. JackMm

JackMm Member

Or, it could be that the update only applies to a bug with Lion 10.7.x when I use Snow Leopard 10.6.x and I am NOT affected by the bug and the update is a useless waste of my time.

Considering I have to shut down all of my VM's, upgrade Parallels, then also install Parallels Tools in each VM and restart again in each and every VM, you may understand (as a BUSINESS person) that I'd rather not waste my time doing this if the update is NOT germane for my setup.

Would it kill you guys to simply list what was fixed? It's the professional thing to do. That way, your customers can decide for themselves if the time invested for an upgrade is worth it.

Time is money for your customers, try not to forget that.

Once again, maintaining detailed changelogs is the professional thing to do. Please look into it for your customers.