Want to use parallels but having problems - pelase help

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by hilmartor, Jun 18, 2007.

1. hilmartor

hilmartor Member

Want to use parallels but having problems - please help

Hi

I have been using Parallels for some time but I have some bugs that I cannot fix, I cannot hook up some USB devices. When I try to connect my Epson R1800 printer, the ISIGHT camera, my Dymo label 400 turbo printer and some other USB devices Parallels simply hangs. It starts by the screen freezes and I cannot do nothing (Parallels window), I can still use Parallels but I cannot use the XP side since the screen is simply frozen. This happens when I try to hook up USB devices that I need. In a few minutes the fan goes full speed and I have to force close Parallels.

I installed VMWARE this weekend and it works better. it locates the USB devices and I can actually set the up and use them. But I feel that Parallels is faster and I like the program some what better.

Is there anyone who can help me. I have bought both the older Parallels (a long time costumer) and upgraded to the new V 3.0.

Please advice so I can go back to Parallels.

-Hilmar

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. non-troppo

non-troppo Member

Does it help if you turn USB auto-connect OFF?

3. hilmartor

hilmartor Member

No same thing.

USB is kinda not working properly.