Upgrade protection customers

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by smj, Jun 11, 2007.

1. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

I have just checked my mailbox and the Parallels 3.0 key has arrived.

But I would wait a little while until Parallels updates the software to include the option to disable SmartSelect before I would upgrade.

[​IMG]

2. babacrash

babacrash Bit poster

I received it too

3. nwgray

nwgray Member

Haven't received mine yet

:confused:

Purchsed on 12/20/07. Hope the check is in the mail :)

4. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Received my e-mail this morning. :)

5. snodman

snodman Member

Got mine this morning. I'm soaking in it now! :D

6. azumafuji

azumafuji Bit poster

I received my key as well, but I'm still a little hesitant to upgrade. Maybe this weekend.

7. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

After asking about my activation key, I received the following message at 7:11 EDT this morning:

----

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Parallels support.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, due to the great interest of
    our customers in the new release there were some technical trouble with
    the servers. We are doing our best to solve this situation as soon as
    possible and you should receive the email shortly. Please contact us
    again by replying to this email if you won't receive and email in a few
    days. Also please make sure that the purchase email hasn't been stopped
    by your email spam filter.

--
    Best regards,
    Catherine
    Parallels Customer Service
    http://www.parallels.com

8. tcsdoc

tcsdoc Bit poster

Massive run-around leads to cancelled order

I didn't get my key when promised. Tons of excuses don't cut it with me. After waiting 35 minutes for Customer Support I was shuffled to a different department. This person gave me the same story about 650,000 keys to send out but I'm not buying that either. Spammers can send out a million emails an hour and they can't send a key to a registered owner within 5 days? They do have computers..... right?

Don't promise what you can't deliver. They should have released 3.0 when everything was in place, not just a download. As a result, I cancelled my order and will check out VMWare's Fusion.

I'll still use my 2.5 since it gets the job done but I'm disappointed with the company.

9. coling

coling Bit poster

I made my purchase from parallels.com on February 19, 2007. After purchase I received two emails -- one receipt and titled "Getting Started with Parallels Desktop for Mac". This second email included the text below:

"Thank you for purchasing Parallels Desktop for Mac, the industry's most powerful and user-friendly virtualization solution!

This copy includes free Upgrade Protection for one year following the date of purchase, which entitles you to receive all major upgrades released during that timeframe at no additional cost. When a new major version is released, you will receive an email to the address you used to register the product that includes instructions on how to download and install the new version, and a permanent activation key that is compatible with the new version."

When I first contacted order-support@, I got the canned reply:

"If you purchased Parallels Desktop for Mac online or as a boxed copy starting from May 1, 2007, you will automatically get a free upgrade to 3.0. If you bought Maintenance or purchased Parallels Desktop during the Christmas Holidays special offer (Upgrade Protection) you will also receive a free 3.0 upgrade key."

I obviously didn't purchase it during the "Christmas Holidays special" or after May 1, 2007 -- but I did get the email stating the terms of the "protection".

I've contact order-support@ several times since with zero response. Is this protection I was informed I had received going to be honored or not?

Thanks,
    Colin

10. qtzar

qtzar Junior Member

I'm in the same boat as the above, I purchased in Feb and I have an email stating upgrades for a year ( including Major Versions ) but still no key.

11. David5000

David5000 Pro

I am in the same boat too. [Edit: Well, almost. I now see that I purchased it on January 19, not February 19.]

When the 3.0 pre-order was announced, I purchased it but later realized I was entitled to a free upgrade. I canceled my order and received an e-mail from order-support@parallels.com saying, "The refund was made, you will receive key for 3.0 for free after Parallels Desktop 3.0 goes GA."

I have not received the key and have heard nothing else since that e-mail.

David

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  12. freeflight

freeflight Bit poster

I received my activation key, but no download link, and no instructions on how to install the upgrade.

Do I install over the top of 2.5? Or do I need to uninstall 2.5? Or.....what?

This is very frustrating - and seems to be generating truly bad relations for Parallels.

13. JDub

JDub Member

I received the email 2 days ago - the link and activation key. Downloaded and installed. Originally purchased on the 22/12/2006. All seems good...

14. Slakerr

Slakerr Bit poster

Me too purchased in Jan, I got the email stating upgrades for a year but still no email with my Key.

I have emailed them about it a few days ago but still no response :(

not very happy

Slakerr

15. coling

coling Bit poster

I finally got my new 3.0 key this morning.

16. stuherbert

stuherbert Bit poster

I'm also still waiting for my key. I've logged a support item, but heard nothing back except for the usual automated response :(

Best regards,
    Stu

17. David5000

David5000 Pro

I purchased on January 19. I e-mailed order-support on 06/07 and 06/15 and finally got my key today.

David

18. jnimmo

jnimmo Junior Member

I still haven't got mine, first couple of emails I sent were saying that I needed to buy a key, even when I had clearly pointed out that I have a year of free upgrades.
    My trial key expires in 4 days, so I better get it before then!
    Just tried phoning via Skype from New Zealand but it is outside of their office hours.

19. David5000

David5000 Pro

What worked for me was forwarding to <order-support@parallels.com> the original e-mail I received when I purchased Parallels, which stated that I would receive free upgrades for one year.

After they first agreed I was eligible for the free upgrade, I had to remind them twice to finally get it.

David

20. jnimmo

jnimmo Junior Member

After 28 minutes waiting on the phone I managed to get through and get my key.

Cheers