Can't resize window of app

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by nodejo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. nodejo

nodejo Bit poster

I can't resize the windows of various applications sideways. I can only increase the size in height not in width while the cursor shows, when I hover in the bottom right corner, an arrow pointing south/east (means it should be able to increase the window in width as well.

The applications are pokersites and it is to resize the size of the poker lobby.

2. nodejo

nodejo Bit poster

I have windows installed on my mac via parallels. And run it "like a pc".

3. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Which view mode do you run the VM in? Is it Coherence or Window? Please reinstall Parallels Tools as a first step: Virtual Machine > Reinstall Parallels Tools.

4. nodejo

nodejo Bit poster

I have windows in a window in the mac os if u understand what i mean. So I still have all the mac icons on the bottom.
    I have tried reinstalling Parallel tools. Still the same.

5. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Can you post a screenshot? Such can be Parallels Tools corruption and/or antivirus on your Windows side blocking Parallels Tools. You can try to uninstall the antivirus and reinstall Parallels Tools again. Does it help?

6. JohnC0

JohnC0 Bit poster

I have a problem with resizing app window in windows 7. Almost and sometimes is impossible to get the two way arrow to drag the window. This is a often repeating irritation. Please don't tell me to reinstall Parallels as I have already and it did no good.

7. dave m

dave m Bit poster

I am running visual studio and same thing is happening. Forms are displaying wider than settings, and they can't be resized horizontally. Happens in all modes.

Capture.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013