Can't install C1 Pro (Capture One Pro)

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by jamesdodd, Apr 7, 2006.

1. jamesdodd

jamesdodd Bit poster

I'm currently got a testing version of this software and untill this point I have been pretty impressed.

I want to use the software for picture editing and raw conversion since linux software is pretty crippled in comparison to adobe photoshop and c1 pro.

Anyway when I started installing C1 Pro it reboots the system without warning and starts the error reporting of the VM (Virtual Machine) software.

On rebooting the VM Windows XP gets right to the loading profile screen when it decided to reboot without warning and starts the VM Software error reporting again.

It is definitally down to C1 Pro as, when I boot into safe mode or restire the previous settings it boots fine (albeit without the C1 Pro software).

Has anyone got any ideas about this???

Here are the settings that I'm currently using:

• Acceleration Mode: High
    • Memory: 600MB (reccomended amount, tried others)
    • HDD Image size: 4GB
    • Windows Settings: Windows XP
    • Operating System: Windows XP

I will add one of the error reports to the forum once I'm back on my desktop.

Thanks in advance

JD

2. anshar

anshar Member

Try to set "Normal Acceleration" mode for working with this application - it could help. It will work a little slower though.

3. jamesdodd

jamesdodd Bit poster

I'll definitally give it a go. Should this be done for most installations or programs that error? a few VB apps come up with CRC errors...

Anyway I've got the error logs:

The install error:
    parallels-2006.04.07-14.49.30.txt
    parallels-2006.04.07-14.49.30.jpg

The reboot error:
    parallels-2006.04.07-15.14.25.txt
    parallels-2006.04.07-15.14.25.jpg

Hope some of this may come in useful

4. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Thank you for your responce.

Let me ask you, what is your hardware configuration ?
    Is it equiped with VT-x hardware or not ?
    Did change of acceleration to 'normal' help ?

Generally, running in software emulation mode it is a very good idea to turn acceleration to 'normal' in the case of some probles with guest apps.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  5. jamesdodd

jamesdodd Bit poster

CPU: AMD 2500XP Mobile @ 2200Mhz
    MEMORY: 1GB Dual Channel DDR
    MOTHERBOROARD: MSI nForce2
    GRAPHICS: ATI 7000 32MB (sold my 6800 on ebay recently so this is a stop gap before a system upgrade)
    HDD: 200GB Maxtor (general partitions)

I have no idea what this so I'll head for a bit of searching ;) is it something to do with intel?? is so then no...

PS still getting CRC errors, plus Qemu with Kqemu is seeming a little faster than parallels in normal mode

6. anshar

anshar Member

7. jamesdodd

jamesdodd Bit poster

OK, the software is working fine now in normal mode. But the only problem is, that it is now so slow that it is pretty much rendered as useless.

I will report it to the parallels support (thanks for the link)

Thanks for the help and the quick replies