No Sound

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kopoko, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Kopoko

Kopoko Bit poster

Upgraded to 3.0, and now I have no sound. Tried this on my Mac Pro, macbook, and macbookpro. I have no sound on any of these machines anymore. OSX sound is fine.

Uninstalled sound etc in the hardware bit of windows, but still to no avail.

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello Kopoko
    What build of Parallels are you running?
    Does windows recognize your sound device (AC97)?
    Check your settings in Configuration->Sound. Default Audio should be selected as Output device

3. Kopoko

Kopoko Bit poster

Hello,

Build 4128

Intel(r) AC'97 Audio Controller - SigmTel Codec

Output device - Default Audio

Still no sound unfortunately.

4. Kopoko

Kopoko Bit poster

Update

The sound for USB coming online and going offline works. no other sound works though.

yours

frustrated

5. smartino

smartino Bit poster

i have exact the same snag too. No Sound since Update to Parallels 3. Here works also a MacBook Pro an Windows XP with SP 2. No Problems on Device Manager but still no audio with Parallels :-(

Sound with OS X is all fine. What can we do?

Regards
    Thomas

6. Kopoko

Kopoko Bit poster

I can't even get customer support because they don't recognise my serial number, from the email I received from parallels!

I need a link to ver.2 of parallels so I can downgrade please.

7. Ankou

Ankou Guest

8. Kopoko

Kopoko Bit poster

thanks Ankou

9. paulherzlich

paulherzlich Bit poster

No sound on XP under Parallels 3.0

I have the same problem and am glad to see I am not alone. I've tried all the usual tricks to revive dead sound in XP. OS X sound is fine. HELP!

10. paulherzlich

paulherzlich Bit poster

11. eakaplan

eakaplan Bit poster

Same problem

I've got the same problem. Since upgrading to 3.0, my boot camp installation of Vista has no sound. There's simply no sound device recognized. There are also no unrecognized devices for which I could try to update a driver. Everything appears to be working normally, but it's as if there is no sound hardware at all in the MacBook Pro when it is running Vista under Boot Camp. Interestingly, a USB headset (which has its own inbuilt sound hardware) works fine.

There are no problems with sound under OS X.

I hope this can be fixed relatively soon.

Thanks.

12. aceangel

aceangel Bit poster

I have the exact same problem on my iMac 24". All my sound drivers are installed and yet I can't hear any sound. I'm using build 4128 and all of the parallel sound outputs are pointed to "default sound." Does anyone have any workarounds?

13. elnoxvie

elnoxvie Bit poster

14. clarifix

clarifix Member

What worked for me:
    I located the "Intel(r) 8201BA/NAM AC'97 Audio Controller" in my Device Manager, and right-clicked that and picked "Uninstall".
    After Windows uninstalled the driver, I right-clicked on "Sound, video and game controller", and picked "Scan for hardware changes".
    The driver reinstalled itself, and sound worked again.

15. clarifix

clarifix Member

Oops. After a Windows restart, again "No Audio Device" in the Sound Control Panel.