USB device works only after killing pcscd process

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by karticus, Jun 18, 2007.

1. karticus

karticus Junior Member

Hello Forum,

this is my first post here although I'm using parallels for quite some time. I had the following issue with parallels desktop 2.0 but it went away with the last update. Now with 3.0 it is back again. I'm running parallels from my boot camp 1.3.

For home banking purposes I'm using a USB card reader. That device is correctly displayed in the list of devices. Autoconnect is off in the preferences. However, trying to activate that device always results in the error message "USB device ... is used by another application". I have to kill the process "pcscd" in the activity monitor under Mac OS and than the devices works.

This error was already gone as mentioned before. Can someone confirm that or this something that does not result from parallels using an old piece of software for the 3.0 release but from some newly done misconfiguration on my side.

Regards
    Konstantin

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello Konstantin
    Try to go to Preferences->USB and select "Ask me what to do" in "Connection options"

3. karticus

karticus Junior Member

Tried that, didn't work

Thank you for the answer!

I tried that, it didn't work. Nothing changed, whether I choose that option or not.

Any other ideas? The change in behaviour came immediately after updating to Parallels 3.0 (even before the update for BootCamp 1.3).

Regards
    Konstantin