Where can I download version 2.5 again?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BPSooner, Jun 19, 2007.

1. BPSooner

BPSooner Bit poster

Ever since installing version 3 of Parallels, I've had problems with my cursor not sliding out of Windows XP back into the Mac Windows, as well as some other difficulties w/ Convergence. I have installed and reinstalled Parallel Tools, but to no avail. While I'm excited about the new features available in version 3 (Parallels is a great product, so I'm not interested in downgrading them), I'd rather uninstall version 3 and go back and install version 2.5 and run it with my saved virtual Windows drive … and wait out the fixes needed for version 3 from a distance. Unfortunately, I didn't keep my dmg file of version 2.5, build ???? that worked so well.

Does anyone know where I can download the last well-working version of 2.5 so I can reinstall it? I'd rather use it and wait until version 3 becomes stable.

Thanks!

BPSoooner

2. parallels support

parallels support Member

BPsooner,
    Check your private messages...

3. jwalthour

jwalthour Member

I would like to know that, as well, for all the same reasons (problems with Coherence, etc.).

4. Macgyver

Macgyver Bit poster

download 2.5

I just upgraded to 3.0 and I spent hours trying to get it to work. I need to download 2.5 again as well.

5. parallels support

parallels support Member

Jwalthour and Macgyver....
    check your private messages

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Should probably be a FAQ, don't you think? The reason I ask is because Parallels offers, for a fee, a permanent link to purchased files and it seems to me this runs up against that.

7. parallels support

parallels support Member

Yeah, you're right. Plus it's kind of awkward to handle each request one at a time. I should have a yea or nay by Friday whether or not I can post the link publicly or not. Thanks for the suggestion...

8. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

9. bcjenkins

bcjenkins Member

I too would like a link. Thanks!

10. parallels support

parallels support Member

Hi, send me a private message and include your email address.
    Thanks,

11. ariell

ariell Member

I hope I won't get in trouble, but I found the link myself.

http://download.parallels.com/GA/Parallels Desktop 3212 Mac en.dmg

I found it through sharewareconnection.com's old download link and updated the build number.

I downloaded version 3, found out it was just a trial, and luckily found the old download link for build 3188. It really should be up next to the link for version 3 for other version 2 users.

One thing I am upset, though, is that I emailed parallels support weeks ago asking for the download link I needed and they never responded. I guess I just got even with them by helping others when I'm not sure if they want the link public. :p

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007