The Sims 2 on MacBook and Parallels 3

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Pixelmedia, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Pixelmedia

Pixelmedia Bit poster

Hi,

I've installed The Sims on my sister MacBook (Intel Core Duo, first generation). If I try to run the game I get an error saying that I haven't a compatible DirectX Graphic Card.

I have enabled the DirectX in parallels configuration but it doesn't work.

Why?

thanks

Michele
    Pixelmedia
    Italy

2. Jerry

Jerry Member

I have exactly the same issue. Booted via bootcamp all is fine. The SIMS 2 is hardly graphics intensive - one would have thought that this would work....damn.

(yes, DirectX is enabled)

The exact message:
    Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! ...

3. Khoji

Khoji Member

The problem is shown in the error message:

Parallels 3 currently only supports DirectX 8.1 and below, so it won't work with games requiring DirectX 9 or higher. The 3D support is really in its very early stages -- my feeling is that it's been rushed out because VMWare's Fusion also claims to have 3D support (equally flaky AFAIK) and Parallels needed to match that claim, at least on the street cred level... :rolleyes:

4. Jerry

Jerry Member

Thanks for that. I got to the same answer after reading up a bit - was just going to add that to my post.
    Well I suppose we'll just have to wait for DirectX 9 support from Parallels then.