Speed Issues

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Simba Cub, May 15, 2013.

1. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

I run three Linux Distros, whenever the fancy takes me. Usually I only run one on top of my Mac OS Installation. Of the three, I prefer two: Ubuntu 13.04 and the latest Elementary install. Both are now insufferably slow; Ubuntu in particular has been getting progressively slower since 12.04 despite fresh installs and upping the RAM and core numbers available to it (4GB and 2 cores from an 8GB and 4 core machine). It's really bad :(

Is there an improvement on the horizon or should I just install Ubuntu as a BootCamp option? If possible I'd prefer to stick with a virtual machine as it allows me to switch between systems easily.

Rich::

2. SakibS

SakibS Hunter

Which version of parallel you are using? 1.gif

3. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

The very latest version. As I said, Ubuntu 13.04 has become a speed nightmare. I pretty much cannot use it in Parallels anymore.

4. Simba Cub

Simba Cub Member

Deepin 12.12, currently vying for top notch in my pyramid of cool Linux distros, is killingly slow. It seems that as Linux distros evolve, they slow down!

5. M-Rick

M-Rick Bit poster

With Paralleles 9, elementary OS is just unusable :(
    It's a pity because it integrates well in the Mac OS Desktop environment and it is Ubuntu/Debian based.