Where does Parallels store window locations?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Caesium, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Caesium

Caesium Junior Member

Hello,

I'm having some real trouble on a multi-monitor setup in Mavericks. My VMs keep starting up "offscreen" - I can get them by either going to Window->Zoom of the VM I can't see immediately after starting it, or rearranging my monitors in Displays->Arrangement (usually the VM ends up off to the right hand side, so if I drag the left monitor to the right, I can see it, then drag it back).
    I suspect some multi-monitor API has changed in Mavericks and Parallels just needs updating for it.

But anyway, question is, where does Parallels store the saved position of the VM window? Even after I move it and then quit, on the next start it goes back to this offscreen position, I want to try removing whatever position Parallels has saved to start this VM window in and see if that helps any. I had a look through config.pvs in the VM package directory but didn't spot anything obvious.

2. Caesium

Caesium Junior Member

Experimenting a bit further it seems this is related to the new Mavericks option "Displays have separate spaces". If this is turned off, normal behaviour is resumed.