Upgrade protection customers

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by smj, Jun 11, 2007.

1. moeta

moeta Bit poster

I'm also still waiting for my key. I got a reply but it was that I was not eligible for major update. I sent an email again attaced with original emails when I bought it in Feb 2007 but no replies.

2. moeta

moeta Bit poster

I finally got my key just now.

3. astronot

astronot Bit poster

I'm still waiting for my key as well... I just sent an email to support, we'll see how long it takes for them to send the key. It's a little disconcerting that Parallels seems to have forgotten about so many people with the "Upgrade Protection," but oh well.

4. astronot

astronot Bit poster

Well that was quick, they already sent the new key! :)

5. stuherbert

stuherbert Bit poster

I'll try emailing orders-support@. It's a fortnight now since the new version was released, and still no activation key :(

6. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

:mad: I've still not received my key under this so-called upgrade protection. I will re-contact support with the quoted original order email and see if that isn't more effective.

7. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

2 jvgfanatic & stuherbert

Check your PM please.

Best regards,
    Mike

8. Slakerr

Slakerr Bit poster

Still waiting here

I have sent four emails to them about it but I have not had a single reply :(

9. polarys

polarys Bit poster

Still Waiting

I'm in the same boat - I am currently subscribed to 1 year of free upgrades (purchased in January) but have not received a key. I sent an email a week ago to order-support@parallels.com with no response at all. I created a trial 3.0 key so I could use it while waiting for the real key, but it has now expired so I'm stuck with a 3.0 VM that won't run!

Warning for anyone running Parallels 2.5 - don't upgrade to 3.0 until you have a permanent key or you'll be stuck with a non-functional VM.

10. Salamat

Salamat Member

....and another one here!

Salamat

11. Wizkid

Wizkid Bit poster

OK, got mine...

but it took me a few email messages and a few phone-calls until finally it was sent to me while on the phone talking to them...

Keep trying...

12. jtcedinburgh

jtcedinburgh Bit poster

I have upgraded to v3.0 in the assumption that I would receive my 'protected' key but I have heard nothing back from Parallels in nearly a week. I am considering approaching my credit card company to raise a complaint as I too purchased my copy in December during the 'upgrade protection' period.

As I've already started the upgrade (silly me) I cannot use my VMs and I am seriously annoyed as I have things I need to be do and really need my new key.

Can someone at Parallels please sort this out?

It's not fair on those customer such as myself who bought Parallels during the upgrade protection offer in good faith, only to find Parallels effectively reneging on that deal. I'm sure there is a strong legal case here but I would prefer Parallels to do the honourable thing and provide what they originally promised.

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks,

John

13. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

2 jtcedinburgh

Check your PM please.

Best regards,
    Mike

14. jtcedinburgh

jtcedinburgh Bit poster

Thanks Mike - much appreciated!

15. jk_brooks@mac.com

jk_brooks@mac.com Bit poster

I haven't received mine. Any idea what to do? I've sent in two support requests complete with the copy of the receipt I received when I bought with the "incudes free upgrades" offer.

Anyone out there know what to do?

thanks
    John

16. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

2 Salamat

Check your PM please.

Best regards,
    Mike

17. BeeEss

BeeEss Bit poster

Hello, Mike (or the Parallels support team):

I'm in the same boat, and I'm really needing to get some data from my VM. Any help you may be able to offer would be much appreciated!

--b

18. Slakerr

Slakerr Bit poster

BeeEss dont hold your breath mate I PM'd my details a week ago to one of the team and I am still waiting :(

19. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

2 Slakerr & BeeEss

Check you PMs

Best regards,
    Mike

20. fredrics

fredrics Bit poster

I bought Parallels right before the upgrade and was promised a new key for the 3.0 release...but still haven't recieved anything.

All I got as a reply was a copy of my old activation key that I got with the purchase and that does not work with the 3.0 release...

Getting frustrated now :/