Running Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by luke666s, Jun 11, 2013.

1. JesseC

JesseC Bit poster

Hi there:
    anyone starts getting hands on Mavericks DP2?

2. Thanner

Thanner Bit poster

Works for me ...

3. jhfenton

jhfenton Junior Member

It works for me. I had one "Parallels has recovered from a serious error" message upon rebooting my Win 8 VM machine after installing a minor update inside the VM, but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

On a positive note, the "spaces" problem I had under DP1 is no longer present. in Full Screen mode, both my Win 8 VM and my Ubuntu 13.04 VM properly take over the front "space" on each monitor. As I described above, under DP1, the Parallels window intended for the secondary display would end up in the background on the primary display. Now each window finds the correct display.

John

4. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

With DP2 I'm having trouble with the Parallels ethernet driver in Windows 8 x64 (Boot Camp). I've tried reinstalling Parallels Tools but the network adapter is listed as unavailable. The only solution I've found was to import the Intel PRO/1000 MT drivers from a Windows 7 x64 Parallels virtual machine, restart the system with driver signing enforcement disabled and force a manual installation of the driver. My network connection is then available in Parallels, but upon restarting in normal boot mode the adapter is again unavailable. Can anyone provide a digitally signed driver for Windows 8 x64 that I can try?

Update:
    I was able to update the Parallels ethernet driver with an Intel(R) PRO/1000 Mobile Network Connection driver from the Microsoft Update web site. The driver version is 8.3.14, which is not as recent as the 8.4.10 version I'd found in the Windows 7 virtual machine, but it does have a digital signature recognised by Windows 8.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. RichardMSC

RichardMSC Bit poster

I tried this workaround but it didnt work. I upgraded to Maverick. I am running PDM8 and the guest OS is Windows 8. When I run the sudo commands I got this response every time and the problem starting the VM persisted :

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
    kext com.parallels.kext.xxxxxxxx 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    kext com.parallels.kext.xxxxxxxx 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

Here is a copy of the commands I entered and the results of each:
    rbms-Macbook-Pro-2:10.6 rmarotta$ sudo kextutil prl_hypervisor.kext/
    Diagnostics for prl_hypervisor.kext:
    kext com.parallels.kext.hypervisor 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    kext com.parallels.kext.hypervisor 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    rbms-Macbook-Pro-2:10.6 rmarotta$ sudo kextutil prl_vnic.kext/
    Diagnostics for prl_vnic.kext:
    kext com.parallels.kext.vnic 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    rbms-Macbook-Pro-2:10.6 rmarotta$ sudo kextutil prl_vnic.kext/
    Diagnostics for prl_vnic.kext:
    rbms-Macbook-Pro-2:10.6 rmarotta$ sudo kextutil -d ./prl_hypervisor.kext prl_netbridge.kext/
    Diagnostics for prl_netbridge.kext:
    kext com.parallels.kext.netbridge 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    kext com.parallels.kext.netbridge 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    rbms-Macbook-Pro-2:10.6 rmarotta$ sudo kextutil prl_usb_connect.kext
    Diagnostics for prl_usb_connect.kext:
    kext com.parallels.kext.usbconnect 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    kext com.parallels.kext.usbconnect 800009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
    rbms-Macbook-Pro-2:10.6 rmarotta$

Does anyone have another work-around?
    Will upgrading to PDM9 resolve this?