xp crashing during installation

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by roycewhite, Jun 21, 2007.

1. roycewhite

roycewhite Bit poster

I have a new 2.4 macbook with 4 gb RAM (1.5 allocated to Parallels). The Parallels install went fine, biut when it started installing XP Professional, it finished and said "starting Windows" and then bombed and switched back to the Parallels config screen. It said something (it went too fast to read) about an error session 3 ...... - I am running 3212 (The latest as of today) v of parallels.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Royce.

2. roycewhite

roycewhite Bit poster

Answer to My Own Question!

I am answering my own question because I know many will at least look here.

I read a little deeper into someone elses posting and found a potential solution. It worked and I am now up and running and so far flawlessly. To wit -

I used the Parallels Image tool (mine was located with the rest of the Paralles install at

/Finder/Go/Applications/Parallels Image Tool

To load my Windows XP Pro onto my hard drive as a virtual Disc (iso) and then Closed the Image Tool, went to Parallels Desktop, started it, pulledd down DEVICES from the top menu, chose CD/DVD-ROM 1 and told it to pull from the ISO instead of the standard CD/DVD Device.

Then I went to the virtual and reid the windows install pointing to the iso virtual I made on the hard drive instead of the CD player -

worked like a charm.

Thanks,

Royce