Coherence Mode

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by josun12, Jun 25, 2013.

1. josun12

josun12 Bit poster

I have been using version 5 since it was introduced. Decided to upgrade and downloaded version 8. Cannot view with coherence - system shows "starting coherence" and hangs there. Cannot reload my licensed version 5, as it is no longer available online. Using MacBook Pro, Mac OS X - 10.6.8, Windows XP.
    Please advise.

2. strells

strells Product Expert

3. josun12

josun12 Bit poster

Thank you very much for getting back with me. Parallels' customer support responded with directions to uninstall 8 and reinstall 5. Life Is Good !!
    Susan

4. VeeB

VeeB Junior Member

Not sure this will help someone else. I am running Parallels 7, with Windows 7 Professional on a MackBook Pro 15", running Mac OSX 10.8.4. Tonight Coherence would not start, but I could see the Windows desktop. I went to the Parallels Desktop Parallel Machine menu and selected "reinstall Parallel Tools". After they were installed and Windows restarted, then I could get into Coherence. I suspect my tools were corrupt. Not sure how they got that way.

Maybe this will help someone else.